Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2Lyelo914
What are the best tires for the money for 914 autocrosses.

Are the Kuhmo Victoracer 700's or 710's the best How about the Ecsta 700's. or others.

I'm planning on 205/50/15's Are 195/ 55's or 50's worth using. No wheel well problems I would think.

Jim M
Racer
I ran the victoracers for years. I think they are great autocross tires. THe V710's are a better autocross tire, but are very sensative to temps. Many at the top level will bring a bottle with a sprayer to cool tires between runs. How serious is autcorss to you wink.gif

You don't mention the rim size you are running, so I will assume its 5.5 x 15. A 205/50 is a good size, but you can't wuite maximize it on such a narrow rim. A 195 could be better, but, again, you're only talking 10mm.. that aint much. I think you would find more brands available in 205/50-15.

Also, it depends on the class your car is in. Some "stock" classes don't allow "R" compounds or Hoosiers. Be sure to check you local rulebook.

Ultimately it seems either Hoosiers or V710's are the best thing out there right now .
Joe Ricard
205/50-15 Kumhos V700 Ecsta. I have 187 runs on them. with maybe 20 more to go.
on 4 lug Fuchs. You'll need 1/4" spacer or they will rub inner fender well.

I have heard the Victoracers wear even better and are well suited for heavier cars. 710 SHOULD NOT BE PUT ON 4 lug Fuchs. too big and tire is like a balloon. you will be pissing your money away as they won't provide any more grip than V700.
Joe Ricard
Most FLAPS or Summit, Jegs, Mid america, Tweeks.
You will want to play around with spacers. just in the rear will make the car push, just in the back will make the car loose. Depending on springs shocks settings fuel load etc.

Rusty
moving this to the Garage... you'll get more responses there.
xsboost90
love my victoracers.
Trekkor
Best for the money? To win or just have a good time?

To contend...Hoosiers or 710's.

To have a flat out blast, Falkens or just your good ole street tires. wink.gif

street tires last forever... cool_shades.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.