Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
In case anyone else besides paul is interested, here are my older and newer oil lines.

The earlier verion (bottom) was just too small (ID). I didn't want to have that long solid length of connectors like in the top pic hanging off the pump but there was no other way to fit the big hose ends form the -10 lines.
URY914
David,
It was as if you're reading my mind (or my PM).

I'm going to run longer nipples(!) before I connect my hoses but it's the same set up.

Thanks wink.gif
P
Jake Raby
Much better!!!!

David- Call me tonight.....

Paul- Send me the rocker studs off the JYD, and PLEASE mail them to me.... someone forgot to pull them and ship them to me... huh.gif

URY914
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Aug 26 2005, 01:53 PM)

Paul- Send me the rocker studs off the JYD, and PLEASE mail them to me.... someone forgot to pull them and ship them to me... huh.gif

I'll pull them tonight and MAIL them tomorrow. flag.gif
URY914
US fine thread not metric, I see.... biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Yeah- I had to make them, thats why I need them back..
URY914
I got them off just now. wink.gif
Jake Raby
Sweet!

Theyare going on the "Super 2 Liter"..... or atleast they are going on it for a portion of the dyno work...
URY914
here is yo' studs... biggrin.gif
URY914
I had to take some material off the mounting bracket for the nipple to clear.
Pretty wub.gif
URY914
ssss
URY914
biggrin.gif smile.gif wink.gif
Jake Raby
Thanks man!!

Now fire that bitch up!!!!!

I have the fan that was balanced to the assembly as well, ( I had that baby set up for multiple applications, so if you want to DTM it later I have that pulley as well already balanced)

I'll send it to you with the other goodies we talked about...
URY914
Jake,
I need to send you these 2.0 heads too.

I'm adding a small tab onto the bracket that will make up for the material I took off of it. I'll post some pics of it tomorrow after I weld it together. It is trick. welder.gif

I'm also going to get the remote filter mount tomorrow at Fisher's Buggies.

I've been working every night on it. smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif type.gif

Paul givemebeer.gif
Brett W
Paul

You need to brace those fittings. The soft brass will fracture and break off due to the engine vibration. Some sort of bracket that comes from the block to the end of the fittings (where the hoses attach) should work well. Just use a large insulated hose clamp type piece and attach it to your bracket. This would be bolted to your bracket so you can remove the hose.
maf914
Paul, What is the white stuff on the threaded fittings? Liquid teflon thread compound?
machina
QUOTE (Brett W @ Aug 27 2005, 01:13 AM)
You need to brace those fittings. The soft brass will fracture and break off due to the engine vibration.

I didn't even like using the 1.5" nipple on the pump side but I had no choice. The return port shouldn't need any extension at all. I had clearance for the -10 line and fitting.

Those long solid extensions are leaks waiting to happen.
URY914
QUOTE (maf914 @ Aug 27 2005, 04:18 AM)
Paul, What is the white stuff on the threaded fittings? Liquid teflon thread compound?

Yep. wink.gif
URY914
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Aug 27 2005, 04:38 AM)
QUOTE (Brett W @ Aug 27 2005, 01:13 AM)
You need to brace those fittings.  The soft brass will fracture and break off due to the engine vibration.

I didn't even like using the 1.5" nipple on the pump side but I had no choice. The return port shouldn't need any extension at all. I had clearance for the -10 line and fitting.

Those long solid extensions are leaks waiting to happen.

I'll take the top nipple off and only use the barbed fitting at the 90 degree fitting.

I can take a padded hose clamp attach it to the engine bar. Than use tie wrap to hold it all together.

Thanks for the input. clap.gif

P
URY914
This is what I'm thinking...

I'll weld a small tab on the engine bar to attach the clamp. The oic is too dark to see the black engine bar.
URY914
And for the top I can weld a tab on to the block-off plate that is over the filter area.
URY914
In this shot you can see the gusset that I'll add to the side of bracket. The nipple passes through it to get to the pump. wink.gif

What do ya think? idea.gif

Brett W
Paul
That is exactly what I was thinking. Good work.
URY914
QUOTE (Brett W @ Aug 27 2005, 09:08 AM)
Paul
That is exactly what I was thinking. Good work.

Great minds think alike. idea.gif wink.gif

Paul
URY914
Sunday I finished up the modifed bracket and piping. I must have install-unistalled everythign 50 times! This shot shows the tab I welded on at the top, to support the top nipple and you can see the hole the bottom nipple goes through to get to the pump. You can just make out the small tab on the back side for the bottom nipple clamp.
welder.gif
URY914
This shows the bottom nipple installed and everything is complete.
URY914
side shot...
URY914
All right, let me say it before someone else does... I know I added about three pounds by doing this, but....I'm not going to be using my braided stainless steel oil lines when I put it in the car, sooooooooooooooo the the net result will be lighter. w00t.gif

Thought you were going to catch me there didn't you wink.gif happy11.gif

P driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.