Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What not to wear (NPC)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
Undoudtedly this guy believed that he achieved the secret desires of the designers that penned this old 5 series. If only they could see that he succeeded so completely where they obviously fell so short. screwy.gif
user posted image
user posted image
Hammy
Yikes. I could see this on a ricer and find it (laughably) normal. But on a bimmer huh.gif
Aaron Cox
screwy.gif icon8.gif barf.gif lol2.gif
qa1142
Won't be pimp till they add they 19" rims and whitewalls they have coming! w00t.gif laugh.gif
Andyrew
On stock 14's... and do I see racing seats?

I bet the owners sold the wheels separate.... would have been what I would have done...
phantom914
It's just the Frankensteen built by the MikeZ of the BMW world. Meant to piss BMW snobs off. wink.gif

Andrew
Cap'n Krusty
And, it's a 528 "e", for "Extreeeeeeme". Shows just how awsome you can get with a little effort, and even less taste. The Cap'n
djm914-6
It's a good thing he wrote "not for sale" on the winshield. If he didn't he'd have tons of offers to buy this beauty. Then ahain, mabe it would be better to just remove the used car lot year stickers. huh.gif
mharrison
From the front it reminds me of Mel Gibson's car from The Road Warrior.

Of course during a post apocolyptic show that was made in 1981 it was pretty cool looking, but then he didn't have that crappy tail on it either!
smooth_eddy
Looks like a Yuppie Montana snow plow........ barf.gif Eddy
SpecialK
I love it!! aktion035.gif

I just wish they'd move that bastardized (ex)BMW out of the way so I could see the Jeeps better!

As for the POS in the middle of the screen, it probably looked "tight" at the time... smoke.gif

Expressions of the PO as the sh*t wore off............ drooley.gif ... mellow.gif .... huh.gif ... blink.gif ....ohmy.gif .... headbang.gif .................. slap.gif
turtleman
What terrific aerodynamics-not, A snow plow has more efficiency.

Shows you how bad a fad can envelope an individuals tastes.

When I see a large rear wing on a car in a major metro area I wonder who let the owner out of the institution? In most instances the the extra weight of the wing is assisting in applying greater downforce than any aerodynamic effect of the wing.

Driving with one of those on your car is like wearing a sign saying owner is mentally challenged.

PS: If I have offended anyone who personally has a mammoth wing on their 914 please accept my apologies. Then after you think about it some more send me an email and I will try to help you take it off your 914!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
i usually only post the first half of my "standard answer" but this car needs the whole thing:

it's your car, do what you want.
but don't come cryin' to me if it costs you at resale time...
Eric_Shea
OK all you duphasses...

I'm sure you all the same ones laughing at the 914-6/GT with those "funny" flares or the 911R with those goofy lights. Or the 911RS with that strange "Duck Tail". It's appauling to me that you all missed the fact that this is a true one off "Factory" ZRD 528R/GT!

BMW only made 300 of them for LeMans GT class homogulation. Most were distributed in the Bavarian region with only a few known being exported to Puerto Rico. Back to the books RICH! I'm ashamed of you.

Those hood alone are going for $6,000 on eBay. That factory front spoiler has spawned a few cheap imitations (seen on green 914's). The wing was a first in aerodynamics. Many F1 teams moved over to a similar design.

HaHaHa... oh how the uneducated scoff. You guys are "pathetic!" dry.gif

w00t.gif (anyone gonna ask about ZRD?)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Aug 27 2005, 10:47 AM)
Back to the books RICH! I'm ashamed of you.

i only deal with BMW's in my professional capacity, and they all look like an OBD-II port to me.

ZRD? yer on yer own there...
Eric_Shea
ZRD was a small Southern California design firm. They did some one off work on prototype rice errrrrrr race cars for BMW. I think they're out of Santa Barbara... Zois Racing Development?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Aug 27 2005, 07:02 AM)
ZRD was a small Southern California design firm. They did some one off work on prototype rice errrrrrr race cars for BMW. I think they're out of Santa Barbara... Zois Racing Development?

Whoa! You read that wrong! It's not "Z"RD, "TU"RD! The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
Hey hey hey... there you go again, being mean w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.