Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conversion "factor" for turbo's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Ben, or anyone else that might have this handy.....

What is the normal conversion factor used when placing a turbocharged car in with normally asperated cars?

I want to say it was in the 1.5 to 1.7 range. Is this also based on a specific boost level and VE of the motor?
TimT
I think PCA uses 1.4. I cant find if there is a restriction on boost levels ( Im sure they dont care if you grenade your engine)
seanery
Touring Car Club uses 1.5x displacement.
Brad Roberts
You can run whatever boost you want. Ask Bob Stefanowics. Start the race with 800hp and end it with 500hp by turning down the boost.

B
airsix
My local club uses a conversion factor of 1.4, so for me that means to stay in the "under 2500cc" class my turbo has to be a 1.7 (1679cc x 1.4 = 2350cc). Even a 1.8 would put me over.
-Ben M.
Mueller
Thanks....

It would be nice if our local PCA had the same rules...right now, you add a turbo or supercharger, they stick you in a class that us working folk cannot dream of running with sad.gif

It could be a 1 liter with a turbo, they don't care, so you might as well turbo a 3.6 if you want to be competive and run up front.....

Right now, I could really care less what group I'm in since I don't see doing any real racing out on the big tracks with it....fun runs and time trials and the occasional auto-x will suit me fine smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.