Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Idle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mistro
My 73 2.0 with stock fuel injection and 53,000 miles, today was idleing at 2000 rpm consistently. This is at least 1000 to 1200 rpm more than the last time I drove it two weeks ago. Any ideas of what is going on? Never given me a lick of trouble before this. Thanks in advance. Rgds, Michael
redshift
'ave you looked at anything? huh.gif

Vac leak, could be anything. The AAR may have failed open. You have a hose leak. A hose slipped off of something.

Throttle return spring may be worn out, check the spring.

Your oil bypass valve may have failed, warning of unstoppable pending engine doom. Your valves will be consumed by fire, and all your bearings melt down, while you sit at idle waiting for a light to change, after a low speed trip through a neighborhood.

I was just kidding about the last one.

M
dennisc
With the car running, try pulling the hose off the aux air regulator and plugging it or covering it with your finger. If the idle drops the aux air regulator may be bad.
Automotive Hindenburg
Make sure the engine is warmed up before checking the AAR. If the AAR is ok, check the PCV valve and related hoses.
SirAndy
QUOTE (mistro @ Aug 26 2005, 10:44 PM)
Any ideas of what is going on?

vacuum leak. most likely, one of the vac hoses has come off ...

wink.gif Andy
Bleyseng
vac leak or AAR valve is stuck open.... agree.gif
Deano
I had the same problem up until yesterday. The vac hose to the advance on the distributer was not as snug as it should have been. Clipped about 1/2 off, put it back on and the idle dropped right down to were it should be.
Let us know what you find. Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.