Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powder Coat Round One
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lou W
I took my chassis parts up to my friends shop last week and they powder coated them for me. The color is called Nu Black. smile.gif
Lou W
another picture
Lou W
another
Lou W
Last one
neo914-6
what did it cost for this batch?
drgchapman
That looks great! How much?
Lou W
Neo914-6 Posted on Aug 27 2005, 10:07 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what did it cost for this batch?  

$70 for the bead blasting and two cases of Corona's ($60.00) for the powder coating. Oh yah, let's see 940 miles one way, thats 1880 miles round trip at 18 miles to the gallon at $2.89 a gallon... that's $301.84 round trip.... about $431.84. smile.gif
Actually, I was going up to Oregon anyway... so about $130.00. I wasn't really sure what to expect for the powder coating, maybe $300.00 wink.gif
neo914-6
how about revealing your source? Tell him to give us a club discount and a yourself a referal discount... biggrin.gif

BTW, what do you think of their quality and service? Got any before and after close up shots?
Lou W
Neo914-6 Posted on Aug 27 2005, 11:31 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how about revealing your source? Tell him to give us a club discount and a yourself a referal discount...  

BTW, what do you think of their quality and service? Got any before and after close up shots?  

The company that did this doesn't typically do this for the general public, they make furniture, and I was able to squeeze my parts in between their products because of my friend who works there.

The quality was excellant, my next batch will most likley be gloss black. here is a before picture.
Jeroen
w00t.gif
ya gotta love the look of fresh powdercoated parts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.