Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Side Marker Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom73
On the front side marker lights, one edge is thicker than the other. Which should face the front, the thick or the thin edge? My car has it one way on one side and the other way on the other side smile.gif

tom...

user posted image
type47fan
. . . thick side forward. . .
Tobra
Careful with the little plastic pins that secure it to the fender, have not taken them off yet, but told they can be fragile
GWN7
The side marker lens fits the curve of the body, so that when your looking at the lens properly installed the face of the lens should be flat in relationship to the body.
Tom73
Thanks guys, that is what I thought. Looks as if the lens are designed to only fit on the housing one way (due to the length of the screw guides) so will have to rotate the housing 180 to get it mounted correctly.

Thanks,

tom...

user posted image
SLITS
I rotated mine so the thin edge was forward....less aerodynamic drag lol2.gif

If the mounting pins break, I got nylon bolts and nuts from the local hardware store to mount them.,
pfierb
There is a left and right lens and they are marked L or R ,the right side assembly is NLA.....So you might have to improvise.
GWN7
QUOTE (pfierb @ Aug 29 2005, 03:46 PM)
There is a left and right lens and they are marked L or R ,the right side assembly is NLA.....So you might have to improvise.

the left lens is NLA also....

But replacement lens will be available in the future. wink.gif
skl
Just take them off and fill the holes- looks so much better, like the euro models- while you're at it, put on the two colour front lens or even better, the one colour clear Italian front lens...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.