Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The deal is done, skip to bottom for question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Went and paid for the 1974 2 liter, have the title, and am going to the DMV on Wednesday to pay the fees, get the tags on it so I can drive it home(Was non-op) change the oil and tranny fluid. I am going to bleed the brakes too, but the fluid in the reservoir looks like it is brand new. He told me he adjusted the valves right before he parked it, but I may just check it anyway(Good idea?)

The PO is a Porsche mechanic, and he got the car from the original owner, drove it until the registration expired, and parked it because he had too damn many cars(he is a mopar fanatic, has had among others, 1971 hemi roadrunner convertible, one of 4(four) made, and numerous wing cars, Superbirds and Daytona Chargers)

Anyway, no rust that I could find, well there is a chip on the passenger side, top of the fender, that has some surface rust, none in either trunk, under carpet or below battery tray. Interior is pretty good, decent carpet, though the seats are a bit ratty, and the dash has a crack. One small tear on drivers door panel, that top smooth part. Front and rear sway bars on it already, indeterminate type, I think they are stockers.

I had posted about changing all the rubber and plastic fuel lines on this car, because I am paranoid, but it turns out that Jim(PO) is also paranoid and already did them rocking nana.gif PO is a family friend who I have know for about 30 years, and he gave me a smokin deal on the car, which is a strong runner that fired right up after sitting for a while, shifts smooth, because he already did the shifter bushings too.

I was thinking I would have to do more work to make it road worthy, but it looks like just new tires for the 2 liter Fuchs. I am planning on Yokohama ES100, 195-60-15. Liked these tires on my integra, will I have any issues with this wheel and tire combo?
Gint
Let me be the first to congratulate you and of course the obligatory...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Tobra
Sorry to put the long tale with no visuals, will have pics in a few days, the question is, will 195-60-15 Yokohama ES 100 tires be cool, no rubbing issues, mounted on the 2 liter Fuchs road wheel?
TravisNeff
Piece of mind goes a long, long ways. Do as you said with bleeding the brakes and other fluid changes. It is also a good opportunity to look for other problems that you may need to tend to. Congratulations!
Jeroen
sounds good! get pics a.s.a.p.
brant
congrats...

and yes the 195 tires should almost 101% guarantee fit.

brant
Tobra
Thank you B, will take the digital cam over there tomorrow and post some pics
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.