Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Feedback forum request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
A place to leave info about a vendor whether it be a retailer, ebay seller, classified seller or e-tailer.

Setup some parameters that makes it fair for those beeing left feedback.
This is what I had in mind (this is totally fake):

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Vendor-Atlantic Automobile Parts Warehouse
914Club username - not applicable
type - Retailer via internet
method of payment - credit card
name of person who placed order - Sean Lee
Ship to location: Indianapolis, IN
Order Date- 7/21/2021
Pos, Neg or Neutral - Positive

I purchased 21 sets of original 914-6 sheet metal. 20 sets were from a junkyard and 1 set was from a 914-4.
I called and asked for an explanation. They said they had a mixup in the shipping room. Fed-ex'd me the 21 NOS parts correctly along with a 2.8 twin plug distributor at no extra cost.

I will use them again and wanted to pass along this positve experience
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that we need to require certain info so the seller/vendor can respond properly. They don't know who we are by our username, so we need to provide the actual name and city, state info so they are able to research their records and respond if they like. I would go so far as to remove any feedback without this info.

my 2 cents.
Alfred
Or maybe just list the name of the vendor and whether you had a positive, neutral or negative transaction with them. A pattern would emerge about the different vendors and people wouldn't even have to go into detail.

Alfred
redshift
Man, that sucks that you had problems with Atlantic, I've had trouble with them too.

You want to sell that distributor?

wink.gif

M
Kerrys914
How about have a thread with the just the name of the vendor as the subject. This thread would be located in a NEW forum

All comments good or bad will go under that vendors thread. We could also use the poll feature to summarize the feedback as "good" "bad" "run forest run"

Cheers
Kerry
Lawrence
Kerry nailed it with the format that I was thinking about last night.

However.. here is my opinion on the whole idea:

I'm speaking about vendors here, not individual sellers.

I have to admit that I'm not wild about this idea. Why? It's a gut feeling. When the board was started, part of the "unwritten charter" was that it was going to be a sponsor/vendor-free zone. I feel that, in the long run, this kind of forum will encroach on that concept.

The only way to give the forum integrity is to have some balance. The vendor should be aware of the forum, and able to join and post a response to negative feedback.

I don't think hosting a "vendor forum" was on the drawing board when the concept of the BBS was set up.

My humble *personal* opinion - not that of any of the admins.

-Lawrence
seanery
I think we should invite the vendors to participate, especially if they have been given some sort of feedback. I think that is important to making it work.

I gotta tell ya, seeing the incident at PP regarding the permatune in public really opened my eyes to how people really act.
I would like to see this stuff happen more often, that way it's not one's word against another.

Kerry's explanation is very much how I see this working. A poll would keep a tally, and that is easy to judge quickly the service level of a vendor.

As to the purpose of the BBS, all things change, and if it serves "the greater good" I don't think it should be shunned.
Lawrence
The Permacrap fiasco was mine. Since I got roasted on PP BBS (left and haven't posted since) about the Permacrap, I haven't discussed the issue.

Someone cut and pasted a lot of the things that were said after I left. Some of it was conjecture, some of it was BULLSHIT, and some simple personal attacks.

But the bottom line is that you can't walk in to the PP BBS and blast Wayne, and not expect his band of loyal followers to stick up for him, regardless of the facts. It would be like someone coming here and blasting Roberts, or someone going on Rennlist and flaming Dunkle.

The ordeal I went through about the Permaturd shouldn't be the reason to have a vendor forum.
seanery
It's not the reason, but we all DID see how Wayne reacted. In my mind it was the wrong way. We all learned that.

I think the vendor forum gives vendors a chance to respond to both positive and negative feedback.
Part Pricer
It would be like someone coming here and blasting Roberts

I believe that anyone could come on here and call Brad out if they wanted to. Hopefully there is nothing to stop them. (Am I right?)

or someone going on Rennlist and flaming Dunkle

You may be right here. The four people that still hang out there might be upset.
Lawrence
Of course they could come here and call him out. He'd probably laugh while typing responses.

However, the accuser would find himself given a "Lisa-style" welcome by the regulars here. lol2.gif
Brad Roberts
I dont like it.

Here is why:

Vendors dont have time to defend themselves on the web.

I would rather somebody ASK us who they should buy from.

I look at where they are located (or ask them) and try to give them the closest person possible.

I'm having a hard time swallowing the current vendors area..... I wanted vendor neutral, if it's not vendor neutral then the vendors need to pay US for the sales leads.

Casually telling someone where to find some parts is my personal preference.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.