Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temp. Sender dead!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Died when hitting a speed bump in LA today. Checked my rickety temp. sender wire and when I ground it out the gauge reads all the way in the red. I believe it's the sensor in the oil pan.

Where can I get one ASAP?!
qa1142
Make sure you get right one 200 deg

Brad at 914ltd likely has them
Dave_Darling
The "reads all the way hot" means that the gauge is seeing zero resistance--a dead short to ground. When this happened to my car, it was because the wire to the sender had gotten chafed and was grounding on whatever it was that rubbed the insulation off. I spliced in new wire and re-routed, and all was well with the gauge.

--DD
Michael J
If it's an OEM gauge you might try Rich Bontempi. I got a sending unit and taco plate from him a month ago.

Rich Bontempi's High Performance House
messix
mine got pinched between the engine bar and the engine case. rerouted and fixed the wire.
Brando
Thanks guys... I'll get the car on jack stands this afternoon and see if the wire is disconnected or broke...

Like I said, I know the gauge works because I grounded the wire and it read all the way hot, re-connecting it read arctic tundra (cold). I'll see if I can get a new taco plate and temp sender from Rich, if not then GPR it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.