Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest in buying "scale" /4 or /6 motors??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Scale Motor Engines

The above link got me to thinking (oh $hit) about whether or not there would be a market for running 1/4 scale motors of lets say either Type IV engines and of
course 914-6/911 engines

A few years ago I saw a scale 911 motor kit that ran on compressed air, or I should say it turned over using compressed air. Back then, i think the kit cost about 600 bucks.......(a good deal for the amount of parts in the kit !!!!)

Am I the only one that would want a few of these overpriced paperweights sitting on my desk ???? mueba.gif
Mueller
Okay, I found the one motor I was thinking of...it's a scale 911 RS engine smile.gif

Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 engine

and, this one, which is really nice !!!

Porsche 356 four-cam engine
seanery
you can occasionaly find these kits on ebay. VERY PRICEY!
swood
so that's what a complete running engine looks like...

That is a very very cool thing! But I couldn't pay near that much for something that sounds like a dentist's drill. That part sucks big time. smilie_flagge6.gif
Alfred
I always wanted to put a VW longblock on my coffee table ... something like this but a Type IV.

Alfred

IPB Image
GWN7
Youch!! 5K!!! Nice but it will have to wait till I can pick the right 6 numbers. Till then I'll just have to open the rear lid and look at a real one that costs that much. smile.gif
Rog914
Hey Mike, want to see some real running 1/4 scale engines? Check out www.replicaengines.com They make an Offy 4cyl., a Harley Knucklehead, a 97 Olds 4 cam, and a flathead Ford. Very good detail. I bought the Harley a few years ago. Then there's another guy that builds a Chevy 427, he's at www.conleyprecision.com Check out the Dodge V10 he built. There's soo much out there today, if you like those old flywheel hit n' miss engines there's alot of people building varies scales (1/8, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2......). If you would like some of these websites let me know.

Ralph

74 2.0

PS. I have the 2.7 RS & Harley (Harley 1/2 built, lost 3 of the C- clips that hold the valves & springs in the carpet)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.