Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blacked out door handles??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
Has anyone blacked out the chrome door handles before? I have an extra set and I would like to have them blacked out.

Thanks
Kerry aktion035.gif
jonwatts
Mueller's white car has these. They were done years ago so they are a little rough but you can get the idea if he wants to post a picture.
Mueller
I'll try and take pictures this weekend.....personally, I don't like them even tho the all of the trim is black as well.

I plan on stripping the handles to restore the chrome look.
krk
I've got blacked out ones on a silver car. The chrome is all blacked out as well. It doesn't look bad, but it's not my look. I'm replacing them with chrome ones. (and the rest as well)

I can shoot a pic if you want one.

kim.
Kerrys914
Well if you want to get rid of them and swap for some chrome ones, I can take some photo's of the chrome ones I have.

Thanks in advance for the photo's smile.gif
krk
Pics -- late of course. Driver's side first.
krk
Now, passenger's side.

hth.

kim.
JeffBowlsby
Kim I may be interested in some/all of your black-out trim when you are ready to swap it out. No hurry.

Jeff Bowlsby
bowlsby@aol.com
Kerrys914
Kim thanks for the photo's.

If you want to swap them for the OEM chrome type lease keep me in-mind. The ones I have are in good shape and I hate to ruin the chrome to black them out.

Cheers
Kerry
krk
Kerry,

Happy to talk about options. My goal is to return my /6'er to something near original. Not quite CW, but perhaps more CW than most would ordinarly want to bother with. So I'm collecting the bits in the garage, and when I have enough (and oh-yeh-right, the spare time!) I'll be swapping things. So I have proper mirrors, for example. I do have a set of chrome door handles, but they are not all that nice, so I'm still in the hunt. If yours are pretty nice, they may be the ticket! PM me for more.

Jeff, I'll let you know when the trim comes up for grabs. It'll be in the next few months, but not tomorrow. (duh).

And of course, every post must have.... mueba.gif mueba.gif

kim.
Mueller
Here is a close up of my blackened out door handle....the problem is that if they are not properly prepared (blasted or etched) the paint will chip or peel....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.