Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Build it and they will come
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
For anyone that have small children or grandchildren you might have at least heard of Thomas the Tank Engine. Our 3 1/2 yr old son is way way into trains and yesterday we made our annual trip to the "A day out with Thomas" at the Illinois railroad museum in Union IL. It is truly amazing to see these hundreds if not thousand of kids all going nuts over Thomas the tank engine.

We had tickets for the 10am ride then spent the rest of the day riding the other trains there at the museum. If your or you children are into trains and are within a few hours drive of Union IL I highly recommend going to teh Illinois railroad museum. They always have running trains you can ride, 10 plus HUGH sheds filled with every type of train you can think of. Its a nice place to visit.

http://www.irm.org/

I do have some 914 content to this. We dove over to aircooledboy house and picked up a extra targa top so I can make my racing tire rack.

Hi Chris, get that back porch done beerchug.gif

Some pics with Thomas.

1st shot of the line up of people for their turn to ride with Thomas (which ran every 30min starting at 10 am and stopped at 4pm) take while we were riding a 1928 trolly around the museum grounds.
GaroldShaffer
Thomas pulling out of the station.

GaroldShaffer
My son Nathan wub.gif while watching Thomas on our ride

GaroldShaffer
Lego Thomas
GaroldShaffer
some of the running street cars
GaroldShaffer
GaroldShaffer
The other big train ride. Takes you like 5 or 6 miles out on the tracks and back.
GaroldShaffer
one last trolley

GaroldShaffer
last one - saying good bye to Thomas (wife and son by signal).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.