Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from Whistler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
We had an absolute blast. We meet everyone on the road. Steve and Shar meet us in Alderwood (I think). And we caravaned Through Vancouver BC. Beautiful day for a drive. Here's the cars at lunch break.
DNHunt
An odd thing happened at the reception. Could Tthis Carrera GT be living up to it's heritage inspired by the the first Porsche mid engined production car.
DNHunt
The guys relaxing. Kevin, Al and Gerry.
DNHunt
Teeners at the concours.
DNHunt
Steve (PeteStevers) entered his red car. I like the letters on the oil cooler screen
DNHunt
My favorite
DNHunt
An LE that ran the AX. Jeff knows about this one. The guy lives on Vancouver Island
DNHunt
Chris Downey ran the second fastest time of the day on streets. He turned some heads
DNHunt
Me. I ran 47.3 and change 5 seconds behind Chris. Good enough to win P1 but I think they put me in the wrong class.

Dave
rhodyguy
just a few pictures. low rent digs livingroom.

k
rhodyguy
al and dave standing on the judges platform.
rhodyguy
view from the judges platform.
rhodyguy
for those not familiar with whistler, this area is called "Village Square". heart of the old village, and a major crossroads. dirty old men can stare and critique the eye candy without getting dirty looks. rolleyes.gif

k
rhodyguy
with so many resturants, beer and chips is all you need.
rhodyguy
i think all had a good time. a pleasure to get to know steve and shar(char?) peters. nice brisk drive up the sea to sky hway on fri. traffic was sucky when we hit everett yest, so we got off I-5. i took al on some of my old dastun roadster/karmen ghia roads on the winding drive to tacoma.

k
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif What a fun weekend! Michelle and I love going each year. I'll post my pictures later today.
Bleyseng
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Aug 28 2005, 04:14 PM)
Chris Downey ran the second fastest time of the day on streets. He turned some heads

Ahhh, Dave Said 's ole red car is still killin em at the AX...2.5l 4 banger built before JakeRaby technology came along.
Car is totally set up too with short gears, lsd, etc
rhodyguy
...and trailered to events. dry.gif what's the point in having one if you can't DRIVE it?

k
ablose58
YEAH , What a blast smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif happy11.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif mueba.gif beer3.gif driving.gif
Brent
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Aug 29 2005, 06:33 AM)
boldblue.gif What a fun weekend! Michelle and I love going each year. I'll post my pictures later today.

Root...you must be busy and converting another six...... will wait for pics.
JeffBowlsby
An LE that ran the AX. Jeff knows about this one. The guy lives on Vancouver Island

Thats Ernie Kowal...His buddy Carl Latzel bought my first Bumblebee...its a twin of Ernies car and they both AX. I am wondering if maybe we can get them to come to the WCC2005? There is another Bumblebee in Vancouver WA and then all we need is to get Rich Daunenhauer to restore his Creamsicle...I could bring the Grasshoppah...
Brent
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Aug 30 2005, 12:17 AM)
maybe we can get them to come to the WCC2005?

Its late Jeff, I got your back...WCC2006 Portland.
-B
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Brent @ Aug 29 2005, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Aug 29 2005, 06:33 AM)
boldblue.gif  What a fun weekend!  Michelle and I love going each year.  I'll post my pictures later today.

Root...you must be busy and converting another six...... will wait for pics.

laugh.gif lol2.gif Actually, I worked from home yesterday and the modem on the PC died. So no pics yesterday and I left the camera at home this morning. rolleyes.gif I'll get some up and post them here.
rhodyguy
general fyi. if you didn't pay the complete registration fee, the prices for participating in individual sections were very... ah... interesting. unsure.gif . but the pricing was very consistant. wacko.gif

k
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 29 2005, 07:08 AM)
...and trailered to events. dry.gif what's the point in having one if you can't DRIVE it?

k

Huh, the guy who had it drove it like a manic around Seattle. I saw it on Capital Hill several times going fast.
Porsche Rescue
Ernie Kowal and his friend came to Portland last fall for our annual PCA Rainbonnet weekend. He took a few runs in the AX in my 914. They won people's choice trophy in the concours with a 996. Bet he will come to WCC '06 if he gets the word.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.