Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How bad did I mess up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearren
I have been working on some rust repair, and I just got done with the jack holes behind the rockers which had to be cut out and I welded a piece of metal in place of the jack hole. So now when I shut the door, the door does not shut smoothly, and it does not open very nice, meaning you have to apply some force to the door handle to open it. So I guess I have slightly worped the frame from the welding. But is this going to cause me any troubles, or is the only thing going to be the doors, which I guess can be shimed to shut a little better?
Lou W
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Pictures, we need pictures ohmy.gif
Gearren
there is nothing i can take a picture of, I was just wondering if the only problem will be that the door will not shut smoothly, and this minght be able to be shimed, i guess.
sgomes
You can show us two pictures.

1) The welding patch you did and
2) A shot of the door closed. We need to see the gap between the door and the body.
SirAndy
QUOTE (sgomes @ Aug 28 2005, 06:51 PM)
You can show us two pictures.
1) The welding patch you did and
2) A shot of the door closed. We need to see the gap between the door and the body.

agree.gif

the door lock part that sit in the door jamb can be moved to adjust how the door closes.

also, if the door is "sagging" in the rear, open it all the way, grab the underside with your hand and pull it up smoothly until the door height is back to normal.
smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.