Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magical Billet 4 bolt hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
So has anyone actually purchased a set of these and put them on their car?
I like the idea of having the car look basically stock from a hub point of view, but I would like to upgrade to M calipers on the front.
If these work as advertised I would be interested.

If you have them, what do you think?
Worth the money or would a 5 bolt conversion be a safer bet?
Any problems with bearing seats, or seals staying in?

Lets hear it. cool_shades.gif
Mueller
John Rogers has a set on his /6 powered race car...

Billet hubs getting a real workout !!!

stock 911 hubs = cast aluminum

Billet hubs = made from solid 7075 aluminum alloy, there are 930 replacement hubs as well, made from same material (try $400 each, not a pair)

No reported bearing problems (John would be the 1st to report since his hubs are loaded to the extreme, esp. with the front spacers he is running)

As for seals, no problem with them coming out, but a PITA to install since I made the ID too small smile.gif This has now been fixed (had 4 sets on my lathe last night to fix the problem)

2 sets being sold this week, one local for a daily driver that sees Hwy 280 action and the other to someone down is So-Cal

oh yea, John paid full retail for his hubs and has not been compensated for his write ups (besides a big thanks smile.gif )
DanT
Mike,
I read the other thread. Do the bearings come with the hubs or do I supply my own?

What method is used to attach the rotor to the hub... I have been dealing with Boxsters for the last few years and do not remember the "topography" of the 914 hubs and rotors.
Boxster rotors fit over the hubs and are attached with a counter sunk phillips head screw. wacko.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 29 2005, 04:38 PM)
Mike,
I read the other thread. Do the bearings come with the hubs or do I supply my own?

What method is used to attach the rotor to the hub... I have been dealing with Boxsters for the last few years and do not remember the "topography" of the 914 hubs and rotors.
Boxster rotors fit over the hubs and are attached with a counter sunk phillips head screw. wacko.gif

Hi Dan,

the 911 rotors bolt to the hub with 5 M8-1.25 bolts. (before installing the hubs to the struts smile.gif )

bearings are not included, I recommend heating the hubs, freezing the bearings since the aluminum has a tighter tolerance than the old iron hubs.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.