Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big decision time...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
So I'm in the garage over the weekend helping Samson look for a wrench or something, and I notice something...a little rust bubble. Now I finished stripping and painting this car less than 6-mos ago. WTF!!! headbang.gif

So here's the decision I have to make. I was planning on selling this one and doing another, but now I'm thinking about re-doing the tub on this one. I figure I'm going to have to strip and re-paint a tub, so why not start with a tub that I KNOW the floors are good in...right?

My original thought was to buy a tub, steel flares, 5-lug stuff, and do the Subaru Renegade conversion. I figure from SCRATCH I'll have 12-14K into it. I'd need to sell my car for $8K to help fund the project, but if I re-do MY 914, I'll have about 4-5 into it. Plus, I can sell my 2.0 with the carbs to help fund the project.

Thoughts???

Am I nuts?
SLITS
You have the teener disease.....I suggest you see Miles, TMD for the cure.............and invest the money saved in oil futures.
CptTripps
Well I DON'T want to let this one rust again...

I don't know WHAT the hell I'm going to do.
Engman
You have the sickness........

Can't tell you what to do ......

And there is no cure....

Whatever happened to the car you bought at the WCC?

M
tdgray
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Aug 29 2005, 11:41 AM)

Thoughts???

Am I nuts?

Yes, you are biggrin.gif

Doug,

I'd probably go the way of getting a CA tub and starting up.

Believe me, someone will buy your car, even with the rust bubble.

Are you sure it's rust? Could be paint flaw or a scratch or ding that rusted up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.