Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new katrina thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
okay, up dates, hwy 90 in Mississippi is flooded, parts of eastern new orleans area are flooded ( including where teri and i have family ), 750 k with out power supposible for a month or more. one of the leveys failed, so did part of the super dome roof.

joe have heard anything from you area, i tried to call but the hurrican took out the phones.
messix
my cousin left n/o late yesterday for other cousins in mobile, aunt in jackson miss. says all are well so far no major damage. worried about n/o though with flooding.
scotty914
okay my family update

teri's great aunt ann ( 80 y o ) is missing, she fled about an hour north but where she went also got wiped out.

then the cousins also fled, but they have not been heard from. where they fled is not destroyed just not able to call out so they should be okay

aunt ann's street got leveled by a tornado, and it is under water, the cousins house is under water. the people who are around are with the wild life service and they went down in boats, both houses are not even able to be seen
Joe Ricard
Yup pretty ugly all over. Haven't been home and won't be home this week at a minimum.
Took Mother in Law pets and all with us and left to the East.
My phone calls out but haven't been able to recieve calls So I am sorry to have missed any of you that tried to call.
My house is reported to be still standing. Going to need alot of work.
SirAndy
ohmy.gif i haven't watched TV since thursday, so i didn't even know all this was happening ...

speechless ...
unsure.gif Andy
SGB
ohmy.gif
its not over yet.
sad.gif
the flooding is going to take months to recover from.
Brent
Big stories on ESPN are those the masses away from the South can relate to like Brett Favre loosing his house to floods. I know that was one big compound! Sucks to loose all that NFL paraphanelia,.... let alone any 914's in the floodzone, which is prime for rust now.
Mueller
John Lambert lived in the French Quarters of N.O. last time I spoke to him (about six months I think), I hope him and his 914 got out safely..for those local guys, when he lived here he had the gray car with mismatched gray or black doors with spray painted "yea, the doors are a different color" smile.gif

I will try e-mailing him again, hopefully he moved to a safer place since we last met up for coffee in N.O.

still no word from my tenants, every number I call for them and others I know on the other side of the lake are not working.....

#1RAGE
Hope everyone and their families are alright... 914's too.

Where I live there are no hurricaines or earthquakes. Floods are very rare and are mostly caused by heavy rains. I suppose the worst natural disaster we might face would be a tornado and strong winds but the chances of those causing serious damage is pretty rare.

Again I hope everything is ok. Keep us up-to-date.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.