Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel injector boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
bad # in my old aa catalog. don't see them listed at the bird. any sources? also, what's the trick for getting them over the plug ends? started squirting down fasteners on the new 2.0 with pb blaster this am.

k
zymurgist
Hmmm. I was thinking of using the liquid electrical tape and just painting that over the connector. Used that on a few original connectors on my Corvette and it seems to stick fairly well.
SLITS
Somebody was talking a long time ago about making them or being able to source them. Maybe it was Jeff Bowlsby.

You would have to take the connector off with the special tool that Bowlsby says it takes.
rhodyguy
usually not my m.o. being so "proper". i want to be a little picky this time. prefer the correct boots. i REALLY don't want to call wacko.gif aa to see if they still stock them.

k
MarkV
They haven't been available from Porsche for a long time. I bought some from AA 10 years ago and they came from Mercedes Benz.
rhodyguy
looks like jeff bolwsby has them for his new harnesses. i emailed him.

k
Dave_Darling
The boots that Jeff uses are not the same as the originals. They are better, in some ways, but they are not original. The M-B boots are as close as you'll probably get, unless you can sweet-talk Jeff into selling some of the old boots off of the core harnesses he gets in.

The M-B ones are all black, too, so no grey ones for the two forward injectors either. I may be able to dig up the part number; I used to have it stored away somewhere....

To install the boot, take the pins out of the plug body using a pin extractor tool (or a very stiff small piece of metal). Slide the boot over the bare pins and wires, then plug the pins back into the plastic plug body.

--DD
rhodyguy
thanks dave. i'm not as concerned about correct as i am proper. new properly uncracked ones that will function. biggrin.gif

k
eric914
At one point I jotted down the following in my handy info book. I'm not shure where the info came from of if they will work as I have not tried them.

Volvo PN 943693
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.