Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Design back on line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turbo914v8
I just had dealings with restoration design purchased the clamshells. I have nothing but great things to say about Bill. He processed my order and had it shipped with a tracking number. It arrived at my door in record time. Absolutely great product, perfect fit, no F*#king around. wink.gif biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif
m3fraz
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Aug 29 2005, 01:15 PM)
I just had dealings with restoration design purchased the clamshells. I have nothing but great things to say about Bill. He processed my order and had it shipped with a tracking number. It arrived at my door in record time. Absolutely great product, perfect fit, no F*#king around.  ;)  :D  :trophy:

My brother Adam- (3liter914-6) suggested I call Restoration Design for a piece to fix the hell hole on my car. I just spoke with Bill on the phone....he picked up on the third ring...was extremely pleasant, patient and knowledgable. Without the aid of photographs to illustrate my problem, Bill listened patiently and was able to decipher my exact problem on my '74 2.0. He suggested that I might not need to buy any pieces from him. I simply needed a little 18ga sheet and an experienced bodyshop to fix the mini "hell hole" in the top of my longitudinal. welder.gif

I can't speak to anyones experiences of slow service or having to wait for pieces, but thus far Bill is tops in my book. I'll certainly call him back in the future. Very Helpful!! Thanks Bill! biggrin.gif
mharrison
I ordered an engine shelf, a battery tray and support recently.

I left a message for him. Bill called back the next day. I placed my order. He told me that the Battery Tray kit was on back-order, and was that OK. I said sure. He told me that the back-order policy was to take names and numbers and call when they were available. I said OK. He said he'd send the shelf out that day.

My engine shelf arrived quickly. He called me about 2 weeks later and told me the battery kits were in and did I still want it. When I said yes, he asked if I wanted it on the same card. Yes. It arrived a few days later.

I understand that sometimes things aren't in stock and get put on back-order, so that was no problem for me. Especially when I knew that the quality of the product would be great.

I would have to say that I was pleased with the entire process.

BTW, my parts look great! I've test fit them and the fit "like a glove". Oh, How do you get these moved from the boxes, to installed in the car? blink.gif
tdgray
I've had bad experience with Bill in the past, poor shipping time. This was however, when he was forced to move his shop.

Bill is a great guy, he will take time with everyone to help you in anyway he can.

Recently though, I went through GPR for my floor pans. They are Bill's parts, GPR facilatated the transaction.

They were here in a flash. Knowing now that Bill was on back on track I might have tried him again.

BTW tweeks pans were out of stock for four to five weeks. I am sure I know why. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.