Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
just met a biker [long hair, long beard, bandana wearin, skull and cross bones and all, total bike dude. so here i was eatting a burger out side jack in the crack and i seee this this red teener across the parking lot, so i drive over and this total steareo type biker is in it and we start talking teener stuff, turns out he just got it in april and loves driving the teener. maybe he is the look into the future since all the yuppies are riding harleys now. whats next, hells angles in 930 turbos? or [sick] in boxsters? laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (messix @ Aug 29 2005, 02:50 PM)
just met a biker [long hair, long beard, bandana wearin, skull and cross bones and all, total bike dude.

did you invite him over here?

we need some more "normal" people on this board ...
aktion035.gif Andy
LongARM
he probably liked the sound of the engine...
similiar to the sound of a HOG... smoke.gif
redshift
finger.gif

smile.gif
Katmanken
Hey!

Bikers can be fun! Usta work in a very high security aerospace company. The boss sent me over to the fiberglass shop to look at a mockup of the Agusta helicopter cockpit.

Walked into the building and it looked like an Outlaws biker convention.... blink.gif

Walked back out, looked at the sign again to make sure it said "Fiberglass Shop". Yup, right place so I went back in. confused24.gif

First guy I saw was a biker turning a foam core for a missile nose cone. Another one was working on an early UAV and the other guys took me over to look at the mockup. Talk about beautiful work......

Bottom line, great guys, great fiberglass work, great fun in the bar after work, and they had their own world in a large corporation.

Boss had a good laugh on the newbie engineer. Rite of passage....I told him I waved my pocket protector at them... happy11.gif

Ken
black73
Seems like more geeks look like bikers these days and the bikers look like geeks. Most people I see on Harleys are middle age businessman types trying to look cool.
snflupigus
Theres an accountant for a good sized company that comes into the bank branch i work at who looks like mikey from OCC with dark hair... he's always wearing t-shirts and stuff. My only thought is that he must be a pretty damn good accountant to wear what he does and look like that in a larger company like that. That and he's about 29.

GWN7
QUOTE (messix @ Aug 29 2005, 01:50 PM)
just met a biker [long hair, long beard, bandana wearin, skull and cross bones and all, total bike dude. so here i was eatting a burger out side jack in the crack and i seee this this red teener across the parking lot, so i drive over and this total steareo type biker is in it and we start talking teener stuff, turns out he just got it in april and loves driving the teener. maybe he is the look into the future since all the yuppies are riding harleys now. whats next, hells angles in 930 turbos? or [sick] in boxsters? laugh.gif

There is a guy who used to post here that belongs to the "other" club mentioned. He's from Sweden if I remember.....
fin
I was buying a part for my Passat at the local VW dealer and asked the parts guy how much air-cooled business they did.

He replied "About zero". Then the guy behind me asked what I had for an air-cooled VW. I turned around to see a tall skinny guy covered with tattoos and BPO's (Body Piercing Ornaments - MILSPEAK) wearing Goth clothing.

Very Nice guy, 914 owner, articulate and very knowledgable about the cars.

We didn't exchange info, but should have.

My kids got a good lesson in not judging a book by it's cover.

Fin
dbledsoe
QUOTE (black73 @ Aug 30 2005, 05:08 PM)
Seems like more geeks look like bikers these days and the bikers look like geeks. Most people I see on Harleys are middle age businessman types trying to look cool.

Yes, and it's disgusting.

I built my first Harley in 1977 from a blown-up WLA 45 cubic inch WWII engine I bought for $250. And that's all I started with, just the engine. Lots of research, scrounging, chasing down WWII surplus Harley parts, going to strange chopper shops, and a year and a half later I had a complete 45 cu. in. side valve, side shift Harley.

I rode that until 1986 when HD came out with the aluminum Evolution engine Sportster, and at a price I could afford. Back then few beyond hardcore bikers rode HD's. And if you were on an HD, any HD, other HD riders acknowledged you as part of the group, no matter what your occupation was or what you looked like.

Then the mid 1990's rolled around and all the baby boomer geeks decide to relive their fading youth by looking like "Badass Harley Bikers" on the weekend. Shit, now everywhere you turn there's these gray headed, gray bearded guys on Harleys with brand new black leather everything, wallet chains, bandannas, and all that shit. Few if any know the first thing about their bike in terms of maintenance, overhaul, or anything. If it breaks they call the dealer. To each their own, I suppose.

Don

75 914 w/Buick V6
76 914 2.0L w/broken valve (soon to get a Buick V6 too)
86 HD Sportster started life as an 883cc (55 CID) now sports a 1200cc (74 CID) w/S&S Super carb, Gordon Kately Cams, Sun aluminum rims, Buchanan SS Spokes (18" rear 21" front), Dyna ignition, and too much other shit to list... all work done by myself... FWIW
messix
last year i met a guy who rode up on a triumph. and started talking about his bike, he said its his daily and that he hardly rides his 5 others bikes [harley's] because he didn't want to be associated with all the "name branders" as he called them. he couldn't stand the way that the "name branders" looked down on any one who didn't have the harley boots to match the harley jacket or the harley gloves or the harley sun glasses or the harley ass wipe [toilet paper]. sad to see some one get pushed out of something they have loved for a life time because of a bunch of wannabe snobs.
newto914s
agree.gif
dbledsoe
agree.gif
zymurgist
I have a good friend who rides a '65 Panhead. It's his labor of love, keeping it on the road, but he knows his bike. I haven't made the jump to 2 wheels yet (although I'm thinking that I really need to take the Md. motorcycle course now that it's offered in my town)... I would have to sell the tail dragger to make room in the garage, though.
phantom914
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Aug 31 2005, 03:19 AM)
There is a guy who used to post here that belongs to the "other" club mentioned. He's from Sweden if I remember.....

Mrpitbull (or something like that)?

Andrew
dbledsoe
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Sep 1 2005, 09:33 AM)
I have a good friend who rides a '65 Panhead.  It's his labor of love, keeping it on the road, but he knows his bike.  I haven't made the jump to 2 wheels yet (although I'm thinking that I really need to take the Md. motorcycle course now that it's offered in my town)... I would have to sell the tail dragger to make room in the garage, though.

Right about now two wheels are looking like a good option considering the gas prices aren't likely to be going down anytime soon. In its hot rod state of tune my HD Sporster still gets approx. 60 mpg as long as I keep the RPM's at 3000 or below, which makes it perfect for my 32 mile (round trip) daily commute to work where speeds are all under 60 mph. Of course winter times in Idaho are another story when it comes to commuting on a bike, of any type. ohmy.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE (messix @ Aug 31 2005, 09:08 PM)
last year i met a guy who rode up on a triumph. and started talking about his bike, he said its his daily and that he hardly rides his 5 others bikes [harley's] because he didn't want to be associated with all the "name branders" as he called them. he couldn't stand the way that the "name branders" looked down on any one who didn't have the harley boots to match the harley jacket or the harley gloves or the harley sun glasses or the harley ass wipe [toilet paper]. sad to see some one get pushed out of something they have loved for a life time because of a bunch of wannabe snobs.

I think at times it is even worse for the BMW crowd. I am an outsider at most BMW places, but I like it that way. Most of the riders (not all) of BMWs that I have met have been very yuppy, dorky (in the bad way), and into the whole name brand BS. Its hard to associate with such folks.
dflesburg
I was just telling a friend of mine the other day.

I used to work in downtown Cincinnati and we had a locker room in our building, so when I was preparring for the Flying Pig Marathon I would run at lunch up past "over the rhine" (ghetto) and thru Eden Park to Victory Ave and McMillan Rd. The crack dealers on Woodbine started saying "Hi Officer" to me every day. (I cut my hair short like the airforce) and I let them after a few months most people on that street thought I was a cop. I didnt care, they never robbed me...

People who decide you are how you dress crack me up.

Bet you have never been to an AA meeting. You would have to pick your jaw up off the floor at the diversity and the similarity.

Judge not, or you will be judged.
Dr Evil
Well, true. If you look at my avatar, you would probably not think that I was a medical student, but I am happy11.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Sep 2 2005, 03:49 AM)
Well, true. If you look at my avatar, you would probably not think that I was a medical student, but I am happy11.gif

I was thinking science project.. idea.gif

M
maf914
QUOTE (redshift @ Sep 2 2005, 02:31 AM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Sep 2 2005, 03:49 AM)
Well, true. If you look at my avatar, you would probably not think that I was a medical student, but I am  :evilgrin:

I was thinking science project.. idea.gif

M

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Maybe a Mad Scientist! laugh.gif
mikerose
Everyone should ride a bike I have for over 38 years. Best fun I have ever had.

Mike cool_shades.gif

Read my sig................
TC/914
Here's a shot of me and my buddy in my Ghia. We both own Teeners AND Harleys . . .

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/Tur...nk/P1010075.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/Tur...nk/P1010076.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/Tur...nk/P1010073.jpg

The times, they are a changin'
dbledsoe
QUOTE (TC/914 @ Sep 2 2005, 07:17 AM)
Here's a shot of me and my buddy in my Ghia. We both own Teeners AND Harleys . . .

A "Rat Ghia" Too cool!
snflupigus
A builder once told me.. "you'll never see a motorcycle outside of a shrinks office. "

I love that saying... He owns Chandler Custom Cycles here in AZ.

I met a guy at an applebees type local place once. Saw the tat on his arm of a flaming vw symbol. I said where'd you get that? He said prison... went to jail for stealing vw's and parting them out. I said o and decided not to continue talking to him... he kept talking to me though. Said he was clean now and that was when he was younger... went on about his bus he had now etc... i half paid attention but still thought it was a sweet looking ink job.

SpecialK
QUOTE (TC/914 @ Sep 2 2005, 09:17 AM)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/Tur...nk/P1010075.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/Tur...nk/P1010076.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/Tur...nk/P1010073.jpg

Jerry Garcia lives!!
cbenitah
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Aug 31 2005, 03:19 AM)
[QUOTE: [/QUOTE]

im from sweden givemebeer.gif
jim912928
Well, when i'm not riding around in my p-cars you can see me on a completely black (vivid black) 2006 Harley v-rod. It does have some porsche heritage!

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.