Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking at a '74 for sale...$300
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
yellow, 1.8 FOUR. Runs (?) they say... dry.gif

The right front took a pretty hard hit.

Will need: bumper, fender, hood, windshield and some other stuff. Maybe battery hole rust.

the guy needs to move the car tonight.
Has to get rid of it in the next couple of days.

Could this be my Baja hopeful...or V8...or GT idea.gif

Or just another parts car. cool.gif

KT
smooth_eddy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

come on now, you knew it was coming.........
Joe Bob
For 300 bucks what's stopping you?
sanglee007
Where's the 74 FreeBee (for parts) when you need it!?

Why are all the deals up in Napa? What's going on up there with 914s?

Sang
Trekkor
Why are all the deals up in Napa?

They come to me cool.gif

I'm already bailing on this one.

I need a car with a blown/missing engine and/or trans.
I have those. wink.gif

Major body work is not my interest right now.

Anybody wanna call this guy and work a deal?

He'll call me back in a few hours and I'll tell him about the clubsite, again... dry.gif

KT
skline
I cant believe you would pass on a 300 dollar car. Someone needs to pick that up. If I had the money and it was closer, I would. It would cost me another 300 to get it down here in gas.
Joe Bob
Gimme his number....I'll call him and tell him it's worth a Gazzilion bucks.... mueba.gif
Trekkor
tell him it's worth a Gazzilion bucks

I did...told him that little fan below the relay board was actually a turbo option w00t.gif

Anybody who wants to call him PM me.

I told him I could get him more calls then he could stand idea.gif

KT
gregrobbins
Sounds like the first 914 I bought. Turns out that the tub was bent. Way too costly to fix. Luckly, I was able to part it out and recover my investment. $300 is a good deal. If the tub is bent, you can still get your money out of the parts alone.
McMark
Only if you have the time to part it. I've been down the cheap/free path too many times. It not a nice place to be, IMHO. Too much work for too little payoff. I'd only take another free car if I had a VERY VERY specific need.
Brent
And these days in any suburban environment, one can't have any works in progress visible to neighbors...oh my! What a joke is more like it. More and more German forged steel is headed for the scrapheaps, and its not all because of rust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.