Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guesses on what my car is worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jack Daniels
I have a fully restored 1974 914 1.8L. It's time to update my insurance coverage and I'd like some opinions as to what it's currently worth. Right now, I have the value set at $8000 and I'm thinking it's too low. Any opinions?
qa1142
pictures
rust?
H_ll hole?
mihai914
You should get it appraised and submit the document to your insurance co., that's what they want anyway.

People here don't think that the 914 is worth alot of money but it's sentimental value that's another story wink.gif
Jack Daniels
Here's one pic I have online. I'll take some more sometime soon and show it in better detail. No rust, near perfect interior, excellent paint. It's in really good shape.user posted image
Trekkor
I think our cars are undervalued and the market is not bringing high dollars for even the nicest examples. mad.gif

I'd say you could get $6k for yours pretty easily.
$8k if the milage is super low ( >30k low ).

Car looks very nice BTW.

If it had a nice SIX conversion, it'd be a $15k car!

Also, It were a 2.0 instead of the 1.8 it would fetch a much higher price.

best,

KT
ArtechnikA
it doesn't really matter what -you- think it is worth, or how much coverage you think you are paying for, if you do not have Agreed Value coverage... if you do, nevermind...
Jack Daniels
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 30 2005, 02:37 AM)
it doesn't really matter what -you- think it is worth, or how much coverage you think you are paying for, if you do not have Agreed Value coverage...  if you do, nevermind...

Of course I have agreed value coverage and I have the value currently set at $8000 for about the past 7 years or so. What I'm asking is have these cars appreciated in that time?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Jack Daniels @ Aug 30 2005, 07:14 AM)
Of course I have agreed value coverage...

cool. there are still lots of people who don't realise how important it is.

have you checked out the valuations in _Excellence_ ? they publish annual valuation surveys, and while most agree it's not enough on its own to establish a valuation, it's a good data point, especially sine the prior two years' valuations are also given so you can evaluate appreciation rates.
anthony
QUOTE (Jack Daniels @ Aug 30 2005, 04:14 AM)
Of course I have agreed value coverage and I have the value currently set at $8000 for about the past 7 years or so. What I'm asking is have these cars appreciated in that time?

It's hard to say what your car is worth from the tiny pic but, in general, yes, these cars have appreciated in recent years. I figure the car I paid $6K for 4 years ago is worth around $8K now.

Just call your insurer and ask for a higher value. They will either say yes or no. You don't need an appraisal unless they say no.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.