Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sort of a new members new car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
A few months ago, I got a PM from a guy in Ohio who was looking for a car. He eventually wants to do a 6 conversion to it but was looking for the right candidate. After looking at a few cars for him he finally owns his first 914. He is not really a new member here, he joined in December of last year. He now needs to change his name as he is no longer a wannabe. Here is his new 914. It's a 1973, 2.0 liter fully optioned car. White repaint over original white, complete car almost all original. Not very much rust to speak of at all. It has stainless rocker panels which were actaully well made. 5 Fuch alloys, center console, stock FI on the orginal 2 liter engine, front and rear sway bars and the only thing I could find wrong with it would be clutch adjustment, shift bushings and maybe first gear syncros. The car runs strong. Here are some pictures I took of it and I am sending him a link to a virtual test drive he can download and watch on his computer. I hope he has broadband or it will take him awhile to download and view it. It's 73 meg. Let's all welcome Bill Conley to the 914 club and hope he comes out of Lurker mode.
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
Last one
redshift
It's hideous! He's going to hate you!!

smile.gif

(I am a bit concerned about the steering.. uhh... contraption)

M
Joe Bob
Ask an admin to change the screen name. Are you the sller of the car?
Pnambic
Welcome Bill!! And Congrats!

I joined this club a lot longer ago than Dec. of last year and I won't have my first teener running until about 2 and a half weeks from now, so you're way ahead of me!
beer.gif

See you at the FFC Bill?
skline
No, It was posted in our classifieds, he called me and asked me to take a look at it, I did, he liked it and sent me the money to make the deal. It ships out to him on the 6th.
Joe Bob
Cool....I used to do that on a regular basis until all the local 914s got sold.... blink.gif

skline
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 29 2005, 07:54 PM)
Cool....I used to do that on a regular basis until all the local 914s got sold.... blink.gif

THere are still a few down here but up in the Simi valley there was a lot a few years ago, it also looks like there are a bunch up around Napa.
skline
icon_bump.gif Isnt anybody else going to say anything? I think we should make him feel welcome here.
GWN7
Sweet looking car....and Hi Bill biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Dr. Roger
Mmmmm good.

Slam the front suspension an inch or two.

Polish those wheels, and "X" that fugly steering wheel.

Walla'. Gorgeous.

Congrats.

Roger
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 29 2005, 10:12 PM)
icon_bump.gif Isnt anybody else going to say anything? I think we should make him feel welcome here.

oh yea, congrats on the new car...

piss on you Scott for letting another 914 leave the state of California mad.gif
Speedster07
Congrats on your new teener Bill, She's a buttieee.

Hey.... can you find me one like that ?
Really!
Or a 914-6
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 29 2005, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 29 2005, 10:12 PM)

oh yea, congrats on the new car...

Good on ya Scott for helping another 914 find a good home regardless of what state it went to. smilie_pokal.gif
Cheers, Elliot
SpecialK
Congratulations Bill! Nice score!

(The plan is working! We [the midwest] shall soon own them all!! happy11.gif )
Hammy
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 29 2005, 07:28 PM)
Here are some pictures I took of it and I am sending him a link to a virtual test drive he can download and watch on his computer. I hope he has broadband or it will take him awhile to download and view it. It's 73 meg.

Hey Scott.. Whats this virtual test drive you speak of like? Just a video of the car running/driving etc. ?
Verruckt
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 29 2005, 11:59 PM)

All your 914 are bel0ng to us. happy11.gif
watsonrx13
Congratulations Bill, and welcome to the MADNESS.... wink.gif
Gint
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 29 2005, 11:12 PM)

I'd probably have more to say if Bill were actually here himself talking about his new 914.

BTW Scott, what have youbeen using for a camera lately? The one that has that nice blue tint?
skline
I noticed that when it doesnt use the flash, the pictures look tinted, its a Sony camera and for some reason when it is outside, it's like it is wearing sunglasses. When I use the flash, they come out perfect. I need to read up and see what I changed. As for the virtual test drive, yes, it is a video of the starting, driving and so on of the car.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Congrates and Welcome!

Dan
olav
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 29 2005, 06:37 PM)

(I am a bit concerned about the steering.. uhh... contraption)

M

I think in emergencies you can eat the steering wheel.
biggrin.gif
mikerose
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Aug 30 2005, 03:58 AM)
Congratulations Bill, and welcome to the MADNESS.... wink.gif

Bill, Looks like a Great car

Mike cool_shades.gif
Allan
Nice looking car. Leave it here and move this way..

The car will be happier. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.