Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got a set of custom wheels off eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
I just won the bid and they are getting shipped tomorrow. I'm stoked. They should look great after i flare the car.

Same guy had a set of 8s and 9.5s A bit more than I was looking for.

7" & 8 " by 15" Alloy Aluminum Wheels and AVS Yokohama tires for a Porsche 914 or a VW

"For auction a set of 4 Porsche 914 or VW alloy wheels. The bolt pattern is 4 bolts on a 130 mm spacing. This is the standard VW and Porsche 914 pattern. These aluminum wheels were custom built using Porsche 914 Mahle centers and aluminum rims. The back set (distance from rim to mounting surface on the inside hallf of the wheel) on the wheels is 5.75 inches. The tires are Yokohama AVS tires model AV1 60i. This is a great performance tire and is no longer being manufactured. The two 7" wheels have the tire size 205/60/15 with about 50% tread. The two 8” wheels have the tire size 215/60/15 wiith about 40% tread. On a Porsche 914 fender flares are needed . These wheels and tires will non fit undes stock fenders. Tire tread wear is very even across the tire so there are many miles left in them. The wheels are straight and in excellent condition."

user posted image
user posted image

boldblue.gif
Aaron Cox
hello 4 lug spacers smile.gif

most of the added width on the inside no???
JeffBowlsby
Them would be Pedrinnis mah friend...were Pedrinnis that is...

Thes'n here are mahles...

skline
I have to agree with Jeff, those are not now nor were they ever Mahle wheels. Kind of cool though if you are looking for the stock appearance.
sixnotfour
Spacer ? it is going to depend on the tire section width and the amount of neg. camber .I have some lindsey wheels with a 6.0 inch back space and run a 1/4 inch spacer. its close inside on the rear.

I like em , something kinda stealth. I would paint em silver. beer.gif
Mueller
neat...make sure you take some pictures of the backsides of the rims, I'd like to see the welds and construction

I wonder what outer halfs they used, they almost look like Enkie outer sections
hmeeder
I knew I was going to use some sort of spacer, but I'll wait to get them to determine what I'll need (I also knew they weren't Mahles.) I had never cared too much for the Pedrini wheel, but the polished aluminum rim really sets it off. The black center with polished rim will look sharp on my Tangerine car.

Mike, I'll be looking very carefully at the welds. Depending on that and the weight of the wheels, I may use them as street wheels and do something else for the track. I'll take a shot and post when they come in.
GaroldShaffer
You got those from Ricardo, right? Nice & honest guy. He had a awesome 74 / 6 conversion that he sold. He is the same guy I got my Keizer rims from. You will very happy with those rims.
hmeeder
His eMails to me are signed Richard and he is shipping from Florida. Does that sound right?

He certainly seems to be a straight shooter. I completed the transaction yesterday by about 3:00 and they are already packed and on a westbound truck! 914 people are awesome!
914werke
So did he disclose who performed the welding/trueing work?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Aug 30 2005, 04:26 PM)
His eMails to me are signed Richard and he is shipping from Florida. Does that sound right?

He certainly seems to be a straight shooter. I completed the transaction yesterday by about 3:00 and they are already packed and on a westbound truck! 914 people are awesome!

That must be his son.
markb
Nice wheels! I saw those, but didn't think they'd fit under stock fenders, so I didn't watch them. They do look very cool.
jasons
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Aug 30 2005, 05:57 AM)
You got those from Ricardo, right? Nice & honest guy. He had a awesome 74 / 6 conversion that he sold. He is the same guy I got my Keizer rims from. You will very happy with those rims.

I think it is the same guy. I talked to him. He said he had those Keizer wheels and just sold them. I figured they were the same ones you posted here last week.

Well I guess I'll come totally clean, I bought the 8's and 9.5's.

user posted image

Heres to us hmeeder beerchug.gif
SGB
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Aug 30 2005, 01:22 AM)
....the polished aluminum rim really sets it off.  The black center with polished rim will look sharp...

I agree. I've been wondering if I should paint the center portion (not just the leaves- the whole wheel except the rim) of my four-bolt wheels. I really want to keep four-bolt fuchs, but with the look of five-bolt ones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.