Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost my guage lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mzapisek
I have a '73 1.7 with only 22k original miles. Bought it from the second owner who had stored it for over 20 years. Brakes, clutch and a tune-up were all it took to make this car look and run like new.

Installed a center console last week and must have shorted something out in the process of pulling the wire harness from the back of the console. The lights for the center console as well as the main guage cluster no longer work. If I run a lead directly to the guages on the center console each will light up. Checked the fuses, etc. with no luck. Would appreciate any help in correcting the problem.
double-a
i am not nearly so wise as others here, and can only offer uneducated guesses. so instead i'll post this:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

welcome! biggrin.gif

~a
lapuwali
Gauge lights are the black/blue wires, which come straight off the headlight switch. Note that one terminal on the headlight switch has a black/blue wire AND a gray wire on it, and that's not the one you want. The gauge lights share fused power with many things, so it's unlikely to be a fuse unless a lot of things stopped working. More likely, you pulled a wire off or broke one.

mzapisek
Thanks. I'll take a look tonight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.