Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paging Marty.......(Maltese Falcon)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marv's3.6six
Sounds kinda gross but its really an "02 sensor bung" question. biggrin.gif

I am getting ready to assemble my hot rod,.........Question where do I weld onto your headers the "Big Nuts" for the 02 bungs?

I am running a '95 Euro 3.6 993 engine with your 1 5/8" headers.

Thanx in advance
Marv
neo914-6
http://www.msdsinc.com
Maltese Falcon
Marv, better check the OD, I believe that you settled for the 1.75" od for your big 3.6 .
The O2 bung goes into the collector of the header, just make sure that you "Pre select" the area where it goes--taking into consideration clearence for the O2 probe (possible axle travel), O2 wires/ proximity to heat source, ability to get a wrench on (and turn it) . It is best to "Sample " the O2 sensor from all 6 cyls, but doing it in the muffler is not good. Sampling in one collector= only 3 cyls. But since all injectors are functioning within 99.9% of identical efficency, the collector works great. You would need a failing injector to give you a bad O2 signal...and you would feel that in the cars hesitant running anyway.
Marty
Marv's3.6six
Marty Thanx for the response. You R right the headers were 'sposed to be 1 3/4" not 1 5/8" I will check OD... I will put bungs on collectors as you recommend, however Steve Wong sez I don't need an 02 since passing smog is not an issue.
Steve is gonna do a custom burn for me, dyno and all. I will put the bung nuts on but not drill the collectors until I need to, if ever.

About the injectors working within 99.9% efficency.............. I sent my injectors to RC Engineering to have them match flowed... OMG... I am sure glad I did, there was as much as 8% difference across all injectors and a couple had faulty spray pattern!
Now they are all perfect and are within .001% of each other, money well spent. biggrin.gif

Thanx again.... Hey are you going to GAF?
Marv
Maltese Falcon
Marv, RC = aktion035.gif
GAF definitely- however I'm driving around in the truck that weekend as I have lots of items that I'm bringing up for friends from out of town, and going to be buying lots of schlock for Matt's new 914 cup car. Also picking up a car there--so NO sitting out in the sun all day with a car sad.gif
I'll pm you with cell#...perhaps we can have a mango margarita cool.gif
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.