Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fall Kern River Canyon Fun Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Just trying to see if there would be interest in putting together a weekend fun run through the Kern river canyon in October. There are some really nice curvy roads and great scenery. Might even include a possible overnight stay at one of the lodges in or around Kernville.
Aaron Cox
check your brakes before hand slap.gif laugh.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 30 2005, 03:47 PM)
check your brakes before hand

driving.gif ohmy.gif
SLITS
If we drive up thru Johnsondale and on to Peppermint Creek and find that girl in the campground, we can all get neked, go swimming and do the rock slide thingy in the river........ monkeydance.gif

Ok, so it was a long time ago in my VW camper \ long hair days sad.gif

Oct 21st? (day daylight savings goes away) May be the Bi Annual G&R (sometimes D) All 914 Rusty Parts Swapmeet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival in Riverside chowtime.gif
Allan
Maybe the weekend of the 15th-16th or 29th-30th.

I gotta check the schedule but IIRC there is some big hot rod event that happens in October...
SLITS
Would this be known as:

1. BRC (Brown Rocks Classic)

2. SNRC (Sierra Nevada Rocks Classic)

?

Duffster
maybe the "lost my rocks classic" biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Duffster @ Aug 30 2005, 04:40 PM)
maybe the "lost my rocks classic" biggrin.gif

lol2.gif ohmy.gif lol2.gif
markb
The Over the Edge Classic.
Allan
It is the 30th Annual Kernville Rod Run October 6th - 9th.

They have a link but I couldn't get it to work.

Rod Run
Allan
So far I count 9.

Anybody else?
Mike D.
Oct. 29-30 is the Vintage race at Laguna Seca where Victory Lane (i think) wanted as many 914's as possible to show up for racing, if you have a license, and showing and parade laps and photos, if you don't...

I was planning on going and think a few others here are too.
-Mike D.
Allan
Well, it looks like the weekend of the 15th - 16th is the only one without a conflicting event.

That a good date for everyone???
Cap'n Krusty
70 miles stuck in traffic? No thanks. Tha't the SLOPWEST moderately windey road I've ever had the pleasure of travelling! The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 31 2005, 11:47 AM)
70 miles stuck in traffic?  No thanks.  Tha't the SLOPWEST moderately windey road I've ever had the pleasure of travelling!  The Cap'n

HELLO captain KILLJOY laugh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 31 2005, 12:22 PM)
70 miles stuck in traffic?  No thanks.  Tha't the SLOPWEST moderately windey road I've ever had the pleasure of travelling!  The Cap'n

HELLO captain KILLJOY laugh.gif

I may be a killjoy, but I'm telling you like it is. 30-40 miles of that road is a weekend parking lot. Campers, pickemup trucks towing boats and "personal watercraft", river rafters on their way to Kernville, and general lookiloos. 2 lanes, no moving ........................... The Cap'n
Allan

You are apparently speaking of hwy 178 through the canyon. You are correct in you assessment that it is very slow.

Fortunately I was not. We will be taking the loop through Walker Basin from hwy 58.

Super tight curves and if you see another car it's rare. bootyshake.gif
Allan
Do we still have a dozen people interested???

More?
Toast
I would be interested, but it would depend on how my car runs after I get back from Red Rocks Classic (seens as none of ya other so cal slackers dare to risk the drive) rolleyes.gif

markb
I really wish I could go. I work every weekend, and have already taken more weekends off than the boss likes. sad.gif
Duffster
yup.
jimtab
QUOTE (SLITS @ Aug 30 2005, 03:35 PM)
Would this be known as:

1. BRC (Brown Rocks Classic)

2. SNRC (Sierra Nevada Rocks Classic)

?

If it's really twisty maybe the "Got my rocks off classic"...... happy11.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (markb @ Sep 6 2005, 03:23 PM)
I really wish I could go. I work every weekend, and have already taken more weekends off than the boss likes. sad.gif

When you work for yourself, your boss is a prick.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.