Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I shouldn't be doing this.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
Ok, Here I go over my head again.

Awhile back I picked up a 78mm crank. I finally got a 2.0 71mm to send in for the core. There is a piece on the end I can't find in the schematic that I need to get off and keep, along with the timing gear and dizzy gear. I do not want to booger them up.

Is there a trick to this or should I break down and bring it to a machine shop.
icon8.gif
Evill Ed
There is a tool for removing these.
You should bring it to a machine shop and get it pressed off so you do not damage them.

By the way, to install them, you heat them in an oven or hot oil and then quickly slip them on the crank.

Ed
Teknon
Damn,

Ok, Thanks Ed. I'll do that. burnout.gif
Teknon
OK Brought it down to Painters Grinding (VW machine shop) and they popped them off for no charge. Sweet. mueba.gif

BUT the narrow minded engine builder in there said he would not work on a Type IV motor if it is modified. Both counter people and I were shocked. I am trying to have a 78mm crank with 2.0 rods and new steel 96mm cans and pistons put in the new engine. flipa.gif

What a MAROON. screwy.gif

The counter guy said they would talk with "slow down progress boy" and see what they can do. Yack.gif

Weird
confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.