Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oxidized paint and rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Is there a way to renew badly oxidized rubber parts? I don't care about the tits on it, but if I could clean up the rubber and paint I would be happier driving it. On the paint, would I be better served by wet sanding(like with 1000 grit) or rubbing compound. Have access to DA buffer, so this would not be too tough. Eventually will paint it, and plan to get the new rubber parts ASAP, before they are NLA. I am going to drive it either way, but did not want her to look like a total hoopty with pretty wheels and brand new tires. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif I know, but I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for the two and a half day weekend(I am working all day Saturday)
redshift
Call a feed store, and ask for 'bumper oats', don't ask me how I found this stuff, but you mix them in with warm water, stir, rub it on, and spray off.

It makes your bumpers look brand new.

I can't remember the brand, just says "bumper oats"

bs.gif

M
messix
for the paint go get maguires fine cut cleaner, then use the auto polish, and if its a dark car or if it shows swirls use the swirl remover polish. and then wax.

should make a turd shiny.
markb
Meguiars also has a rubber & vinyl cleaner that works pretty good on the rubber stuff. I like using it on the interior because it smells like leather. smile.gif Go to the Meguiars website, check out what to do to revive your paint to the best it can. You can do a lot by using the right stuff in the right order. My girlfriend turned our daily driver 911 SC into a show winning car, with the original paint. It take some time, but it can be done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.