Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Puma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
Anyone out there own a Puma? Trying to establish a value on one. Sweet little ride, this one is a very nice 1986 GTC that is totally redone.

Randy
DBCooper
Is it one of the kits that was put together up here, or one of the factory cars? Big difference. Asking price for the last one I saw on the samba was US$10K in mediocre shape. Lots of useful info at: http://wj2d.100megsdns.com/home.html Last time I was in Brazil most parts were still available, and there are several exporters who speak English.

It's a nice car, though tends to rattle a bit after a few years. It also has the unfortunate reputation of being a "kit car" up here, but down there was a regular limited production car. One of the concessions VW made with the Brazilian government to be permitted to set up manufacturing was that they'd supply components to Brazilian companies. Idea was to help and not kill off the fledgling local manufacturing economy, which resulted in all kinds of companies like Puma and Chamonix (the Beck 550 Spyder), making really interesting cars.
1bad914
This is a Canadian version which was not a Kit, it is a factory built car.
scotty b
QUOTE (1bad914 @ Aug 31 2005, 04:37 AM)
This is a Canadian version which was not a Kit, it is a factory built car.

I've got a GTC, "kit" car. I use "" because my former boss was tied up with the distributor somehow and bought 25 of them. All 25 were delivered as a kit car but were actually rolling chassis needing paint and engines. confused24.gif As for value I am expecting (hoping) to get around 13,000 for it when completed. I have seen others go for around that and they weren't as nice as this one will be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.