Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Club Barbeque in Ohio on 9/24
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
This is at the SCCA National Championship Runoffs being held at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington OH.

We have great entertainment planned for all of you who are able to attend. The E Production race is Saturday afternoon with Kevin Groot and Erik Madsen (Thorshammer) entered in that race.
Plan on staying overnight at the track or a nearby motel so you can attend breakfast the next morning and watch the F Production race right before lunch. I'm entered along with 4 other 914 drivers (non-club members) from across the country. This is gonna be one exciting race!

If you stay all day Sunday you can catch the GT2 race which has the last of our 914 contingent entered, in addition to several other Porsches.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We still need someone to step up and be in charge of food and cooking.
Can anyone nearby provide us with grilles (charcoal or gas)? or do I need to spend some of the Runoffs Tent Fund on grill rental?
Speaking of the Tent Fund, your contribution will help make this work.
Donate to the Runoffs Tent Fund:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're still looking for a "Blog Daddy" who will have the same access as other Media reporters to the race track.
And anyone else who wants to hang out at the track during the week will be put to good use. smile.gif
We'll get you through the gate for free if you're working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are planning to attend the races, post here.
If you can help out please let me know asap.
tdgray
Chris

I unfortunately cannot commit to being there all week to do the blogging, I just cannot get away from work that much.

I will be happy to lead the effort on dinner Sat night. I can provide a grill (your choice either propane or charcoal) and would be pleased to coordinate the food and cooking.

Sunday is questionable for me though, my schedule may change, which sucks... I really wanted to see you race.

Email me with details and I'll get it going.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 31 2005, 01:12 PM)
I will be happy to lead the effort on dinner Sat night. I can provide a grill (your choice either propane or charcoal) and would be pleased to coordinate the food and cooking.

Sunday is questionable for me though, my schedule may change, which sucks... I really wanted to see you race.

That sounds great Todd, I'll email you.
Maybe you can leave the grill through Sunday for us?
I could transport it back to Akron on Monday if necessary.
tdgray
No Problem, I am still checking on Sunday. It will probably be a last minute decision.

tdgray
OK people I am in planning mode. I need to know how many people we need to feed Sat and Sun.

Step it up and list your attendees. biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
I expect to have 4: myself, Mary, Pete and Jared.
Two of my sponsors will be in attendance as well: Jake and Len.
I'd like to get 2 other sponsors to come but the drive is a bit long from CT. Maybe my dad will fly them. smile.gif
groot
Hmmm. Me, wife, Brett W, 4 crew guys... 7
groot
Isn't Saturday the "official" Margaritaville thing? Not that I'd go there instead, but we may loose some attendees.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (groot @ Sep 2 2005, 09:50 AM)
Isn't Saturday the "official" Margaritaville thing? Not that I'd go there instead, but we may loose some attendees.

There's some kind of diversion almost every evening at the Runoffs. It's easy to lose one's focus with so much going on.
tdgray
icon_bump.gif

Sorry Guys I went AWOL from the computer for the long weekend biggrin.gif

Got some good work done on my car though smile.gif

Go the count so far.

As far as the margarita's go... we can make our own boldblue.gif
ChrisFoley
I thought there were more members planning to attend.
I guess they haven't seen this thread yet. smile.gif

We need Thorshammer to post a body count for his entourage still.
The other drivers probably won't come here on their own so I'll try to get a count from them by phone.
tdgray
We got's 18 total now.

Come on Ohio guys, I know September is busy but this is a great chance to see some 914's kick but and have some good food and fellowship.

STEP IT UP.
ChrisFoley
I'm pretty sure Tom Burdge will have his wife Linda as well as Jake and Len (if they make it) on his crew. He has had one other person with him on occasion.
Steve L. and Les H. usually have only one crew between the two of them. Steve's out of the country right now and I don't have a ph.# for Les, so I can't verify this right now.
I still don't have any contact info for Ray A., but he had 3 guys with him in 2003 at the Runoffs.
Hopefully Mark Hotchkis and David Finch will come to the barbeque. I might even try to talk them into paddocking with us since I heard that Finch isn't competing this year. He'll be there only as crew for Mark.

That makes 13 more.
tdgray
Got it. Total now is 31.

Bueller... Bueller? huh.gif
Brett W
I'll be there from Tues night until Sunday. I am officially technical support for Kevin but if a teener is down or in need of support I'll be there.
Part Pricer

It looks like I MAY be there for the weekend. I'll let everyone know when things firm up.

Speedster07
Looks like I may also be there for the weekend smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
nosubt2
Add four more to the BBQ, Mark Peebles, John Snodgrass plus to others.
tdgray
Guys... below is a copy of a posting I just put up. I am so sorry to do this to everyone. Please let me know if anyone can help.

Chris et all,

I returned this AM from a business trip only to find out my next trip has been moved up. I was supposed to leave next Sunday, which was why I could not commit to breakfast with you all. I now found out that our customer wants us up there Friday morning for a weekend “retreat”. F’in retreat my ASS.

I apologize for my backing out of this. I feel horrible that I am letting everyone down.

If someone else from the area would like to step in and take my place I will still be happy to purchase the food, provide the grill and stove and coolers, and do anything else I can to help prep. I will available Thursday evening to help get everything together.

Whoever can do this PM, email or call my cell at 330-575-0919.

Again racers, I feel terrible about this, I really wanted to be there to cheer everyone on.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (nosubt2 @ Sep 16 2005, 01:03 PM)
Add four more to the BBQ, Mark Peebles, John Snodgrass plus to others.

Mark,
Is there any way you and your buddies could step up to the cooking responsibilities and take over from Todd if he delivers the food and supplies to the track?
ChrisFoley
Hey Guys,
Steve Limbert has graciously offered a couple of cool prizes to be raffled off at the barbeque. He was at the Porsche factory last week and brought back some neat mementos that are only available there.

Btw, any progress with a replacement cook?
tdgray
Chris,

I have not heard from anyone. sad.gif

I really need to plan my week... I hope someone speaks up soon.
nosubt2
chris, I know you are already there, But I will do what everyou need for the cause
Mark
tdgray
Looks as if the jig is up on this one guys... nobody can take over for me and I can't get out there.

Sorry fellas... would have been a great time. sad.gif
ChrisFoley
Hi guys,
I'm on Erik's computer again tonight.

Looks like we'll have to take care of this one from here. That's ok I guess, things are going pretty smoothly for me as far as car prep and reliability. If I have no problems with qualifying tomorrow then Friday will be an easy day, watching races and getting prepped for the barbeque. I guess since I have the money and there are a couple of good groceries nearby I'll take over with the food purchase, but I don't know what to do about cooking yet, short of buying a big charcoal grill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.