Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car is almost ready
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Looks like in the morning the engine is going back in the car, new lifters and cam, going to be leaving Salt Lake Friday heading up to the San Juan islands then the Vancouver Island, then 101 to San Fran. Bringing my Mojo, Ju Ju beads, rabbits foot and 4 leaf clovers. Just gotta have some faith. Plus AAA card, cell phone, and some other extra goodies for this trip. Wish me luck beerchug.gif
ChrisReale
San Juans at this time of year could possibly be one of the most beautiful places on the earth. have you been there before? Swinging through Seattle?

About your car, why did you get a new cam put in?
TheCabinetmaker
On your way to SF, stop in lincoln city,oregon and say hi to my friend. She's the night bartender at pier 101 restaurant.
StratPlayer
Nope never been to the pacific NW, been everywhere else in this country but there thats why the wife an I are heading up there. I put new cam and lifters in cause it had a hyd. set up and I wanted the car back the way it should, one of the lifters pushed a cap out and very glad I had this done.
airsix
Fuel up in Boise so you don't have to get gas again until at least Vancouver. Oregon is a beautiful state, but getting gas there is to be avoided if you ask me.
-Ben M.
DNHunt
What a great adventure. I hope it all works out great. Here's my phone numbers if you need anything
(253)851-6447 and work (253)566-3440. I'm in the Tacoma area.

Dave
rhodyguy
this stuff saved a trip to maui, " bra, dis da kine fo ya lips". note the spf. i highly recommend it. what with the weather in the west right now, a long day with the top off could be disasterous. don't forget the hair line and if you have the monk spot going, like me, sunblock that too. i also have gargage space to loan and a floor jack or 2. 253-536-6931. do chuckanut dr (south of bellingham to near mount vernon, along the water) on the way back south if you get the chance. have a fun, safe, trip.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.