Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 turbo 0-60
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bucket
Some body on a MR2 page says a 93 MR2 can out brake a newer 911 turbo! so I was wandering if any body has some #'s for me or a place I could get some. Thanks laugh.gif
ArtechnikA
well, there's an apples-to-oranges comparison for you!

do they claim it can outbrake a 1993 Turbo?

like many of us, the 996TT has put on quite a lot of weight in the past 12 years... it's a pretty heavy car these days.

all the high-end car magazines have published road-test data on 996TT's, so the sites of Car & Driver or Road & Track would be where i'd look second.

but i'd look for specifications for current-production cars at www.Porsche.com ...
it's pretty hard to come up with brakes that outperform the Porsche ceramic brakes. the weight penalty may tip the scales, given equivalent tires.
Jeroen
Yep, it's true... you know eveybody is lusting after '93 MR2 calipers and rotors
Only when they can't find or afford them, they buy the next best thing... Porsche brakes laugh.gif
mikey
"I build my cars to go, not to stop"

Enzo Ferrari

john rogers
Well that may be true, but in the last race I did in Tecate MX one of the cars I got around was an MR2 and that was by braking later and carrying a tad more speed around the 180 degree turn at the end of the course. At the next corner I went into the brake zone about 50 feet or so later before I hit the binders so I was away. This is with an old 914 without ABS or other nice modern aides although I was using my new 4-bolt hubs and vented rotors!!!!
Bucket
the point was to compare a 93 thats haded mod to a stock 911 turbo AWD. The new I now is apples to Oranges but is fun. laugh.gif
Tobra
Mr-2 is a pretty light car. With sticky tires it would stick your gum on the windshield
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.