Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I need to worry about Rocker arm Geometry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newto914s
I just finish putting my rehabed heads on yesterday and after putting in the push rods and rockers I couldn't rotate the engine more than an inch or 2. I took everthing thing out and reassembled it one rocker at a time doing the valve adjustment from one on down. And now it turns fine, but it got me thinking alot about "Rocker arm Geometry" and if I missed something.

It's all stock except for some SI stainless steal valves. The push rods I kept matched to the cylider and valve it came out of, but I mixed up the rockers. If I never split the case, and the rockers are stock do I have to worry about the Geometry being off?
Thanks guys
Samson
Mike D.
You could have simply set them too tight or to the wrong TDC. As long as it is turning freely now you should have no problems. Any differences should be adjusted out in the adjusting screws. You say the push rods all came out and went back but what about the lifters. Hopefully they stayed in the case during the job.
Did you change rod bearings while the top end was off? shouldn't matter if it turns freely now...
-good luck
Mike D.
newto914s
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Aug 31 2005, 09:49 AM)
You could have simply set them too tight or to the wrong TDC. As long as it is turning freely now you should have no problems. Any differences should be adjusted out in the adjusting screws. You say the push rods all came out and went back but what about the lifters. Hopefully they stayed in the case during the job.
Did you change rod bearings while the top end was off? shouldn't matter if it turns freely now...
-good luck
Mike D.

I think that's what I did. The adjustment screws were way off.
Only one left left the case, and I didn't change the rod bearings.
That's what I figured, if it turns good now, it's OK. But went back almost two years to read threads on rockers and started to worry that if the push rods are off by a little I could fry my engine.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.