Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 1.8l is running better than ever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Yoei66
I'm somewhat puzzled. My 75' injected 1.8 always seemed to be a little cold blooded. It needed a good three to four minute warm up, every morning, to prevent stalls, even in warm weather. On a cold morning last week it started right up, and I was able to immediately start driving down the road. I may be my imagination, but I think the engine is also running better too. I thought this first easy start & run was a fluke, but this has been the improved case for a week straight, in both warm and cold weather. Hey, I'm not complaining, but would sure like to know what the heck happened. I replaced the vacuum hoses about five months ago, but would have expected a vacuum line improvement to have happened then. Any ideas on what could have made this sudden improvement? driving.gif
jd74914
Because you just posted this you know that its going to run like sh*t tomorrow right.

laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Never tempt fate....once in band camp....I said...self...this is running sooooo bitchin.....

Whanggggggg, dropped a seat. dry.gif
Yoei66
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Aug 31 2005, 04:11 PM)
Because you just posted this you know that its going to run like sh*t tomorrow right.

laugh.gif

Good point biggrin.gif

I purchased my 914with the idea that I would use it as a simi-daily driver, to combat the gas mileage my SUV gets. With the cost of gas on the rise, I think my teener is about to become my full time daily driver, except for towing my sailboat, or driving up to the mountains during winter. I'm pretty stoked with this latest twist, but realize that everything in 914 world is subject to being temporary. I figure some sticky flap, spring, or component must have suddenly gave way, and is working again. I wish I knew what, so I can keep this new performance from going away.
swl
have a look around the driveway - maybe it coughed up a hair ball. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.