Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot please read, i might be helping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
okay i have heard from several state, local and fed agencies about my offer to go to the hurricane area. but the problems are i can't afford to do it on my own.

basicly the groups i have spoken to have said that if they accept my help, i have to get my self there, provide my own food and water, and be prepared to spend 2 to 3 weeks.i have all the equipment i would need, but gas and food ( bulk purchases ) are out of my ability right now, my break down i thinki would need are:

600 to 700 gas round trip ( figuring about 4 per gallon )

200 food and water ( water will be from my filter except for emergency hand outs food is things like noodle packs from the grocery store )) i would most likly be given some food and water for hand outs in emergency situations

100 to 200 for stupid things like a gas can or two for when i cant find/get gas. i would need a bunch of batteries for equipment that i already have, some thing like a 24 pack of AAA and AA batteries

i have long distance hiking experance and can carry 7 to 10 days of food, shelter, clothes on my back, but i would have a canoe to help carry stuff.

basicly what i am asking is if people can pm me or post what they can/will provide, so i can figure if they say yes, if i can go
mharrison
You need more than two gas cans. You'll start finding the empty gas stations about 220 miles north of the MS coast. You won't be able to find any consumable water below Jackson (180 miles fromt the coast). You will damn near need a truck bed full of Jerry Cans of water and gasoline. I wouldn't come down here with less than that.
scotty914
i have 2 5 gallon gas cans but yes i was thinking about about 5 total, which is good for about 400 miles, my water filter is able to provide 250 gallons of clean water, from any source per filter change ( i have 2 )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.