Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5.89 for regular
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
ohmy.gif We get most ALL of our gas on tanker ships--those tankers get it from N.O.-----This was in west palm beach area. I am in Davie and just scrambled to get 3.18 before the next load was off-loaded from the truck---do not want to fathom what it went up to when he was finished--- blink.gif

Just got the call from my painter--Black Sabbath is ready and not too soon--I am taking my truck to carmax and getting out from under it. 30 MPG, no monthly note, and 375 a year for coverage here I come----
URY914
Thought you might be going to the Gulf Coast to help out?

You guys in the Orange/white are tops in my book. wink.gif Pat yourself on the back. beer.gif

Paul
Allan
I saw a place on the news last night selling premium for $6.08... blink.gif
jwalters
ohmy.gif Was talking to my ex who lives in North Alabama when I typed my last--they are on full rations--10 gallons per vehicle per day. They have po-po at every station calling in license numbers to verify--!!!

My sister in Meridian, MS says po-po at every station that is working ( 12 out of 125 ) lines are 5 miles long--people are being arrested for fighting and jumping line...

Anybody else think we are experiencing here, what it is like over there in middle east for centuries? Even a civilized nation who are the self proclaimed worlds police are seeing parts of the nation reduced to tyranny, greed and most importantly a fight to survive at any cost--

I feel deeply for those poor people----pray the end of the hurricane season will be quiet--
lotus_65
ouch! sounds like gouging to me.

thank goodness the oil companies profits are at record levels... oops, was that sarchastic?!
unsure.gif
jwalters
QUOTE (URY914 @ Sep 1 2005, 09:00 AM)
Thought you might be going to the Gulf Coast to help out?

You guys in the Orange/white are tops in my book. wink.gif Pat yourself on the back. beer.gif

Paul

Thanks bro----we are mobilizing our entire force save the few to keep peace and safety here locally.

Remember, NY police dept. has more people than the entire Coast Guard protecting the entire nations beach heads and waterways---

We have been screaming for decades for more money and better equipment and moer people--and is mostly the case those screams go unheard until a disaster of epic proportions result---

SIGH
Eric_Shea
Those places should be firebombed... ar15.gif
Sammy
Why the hell is it so popular to blame the oil companies for everything?

The crazy high prices you are seeing are set by the owner of the gas station.
The person who deserves the blame if that is the right term is one of your neighbors, not some big, bad oil company.
grantsfo
Gas jumped .25 a gallon today in Califonia today. $3.25 for unleaded and $3.45 for premium.

Biggest problem I see is this fuel thing goes beyond just prices at the pump. We are going to see major inflation for all the goods we buy very soon.
lotus_65
QUOTE (Sammy @ Sep 1 2005, 09:51 AM)

he... he... he...

they're so cute when they're young and naive! rolleyes.gif

just to clarify, my "gouging" comment was directed at the filling station owners, though it's impossible to prove because it's basically an unregulated cottage industry.

if you study politics and economics in a non-biased way, you'll quickly recognize that the partnership of the federal government, the oil companies and the oil producing nations have worked in cooperation for many decades to create the dependancy that we all have on crude.
i certainly do not have a problem with people/companies/corporations, etc. making a profit! in fact i own mobil stock! make a profit...dammit!

there is a balance issue here though, with how much of a profit should be made. that is what we'll find out in the next decade. there will be an energy crisis akin to or greater than that of the '70s. how americans handle it is the process by which those mentioned above will decide where that bar should be placed.

idea.gif
Joe Ricard
I imagine that the price will stabilize when the pockets of the oil executives are so full that they can't hold no more.

Yea like that will happen.
TROJANMAN
can you say: PRICE GOUGING
tdgray
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Sep 1 2005, 11:12 AM)
Gas jumped .25 a gallon today in Califonia today. $3.25 for unleaded and $3.45 for premium.

Biggest problem I see is this fuel thing goes beyond just prices at the pump. We are going to see major inflation for all the goods we buy very soon.

My company just announced 6% price increases across the board.

That is gonna piss a lot of people off... but then again the alternative would really piss them off

NO PARTS FOR YOU biggrin.gif
lotus_65
QUOTE (tdgray @ Sep 1 2005, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Sep 1 2005, 11:12 AM)
Gas jumped .25 a gallon today in Califonia today.  $3.25 for unleaded and $3.45 for premium.

Biggest problem I see is this fuel thing goes beyond  just prices at the pump.  We are going to see major inflation for all the goods we buy very soon.

My company just announced 6% price increases across the board.

That is gonna piss a lot of people off... but then again the alternative would really piss them off

NO PARTS FOR YOU biggrin.gif

i could use a 6% increase in my SALARY! biggrin.gif
scotty914
QUOTE (Sammy @ Sep 1 2005, 09:51 AM)

The crazy high prices you are seeing are set by the owner of the gas station.

why is it so easy to blame the oil companies.. 2 words record profits, and the fact they you keep saying how much money you are making, as a stock holder, so whats the company making

blame the gas station owner... not around here, the gas station i got gas from yesturday, at 299 a gallon, the owner was there when i got gas. i talked to him for a minute about gas prices, he normally marks up the gas 10 cents a gallon, which keeps him the same as the station next door, he is now ( or was yesturday ) only marking the gas up 8 cents to keep it under 3 bucks. he left the paper work from the delivery on the counter for people to see. he also said that he used to be billed weekly for the gas he has recieved, when they delievered it to him he was informed he had to write the check then and there.
Katmanken
Ah yessss....

Oil companies. I remember the gas crunch of 1974. Rationing, lines at the pump, and major price increases as there was no gas to be had....

Then going down to Port Lauderdale and seeing the huge gas storage facilities at the port with the fabric tops bulging because they were way too full.....

And the line of oil tankers waiting offshore to unload but they couldn't because the storage tanks were all full.....

Yep, big business and the media... they never lie.... Trust me!

Ken

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.