914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
This has great pics... fun to look at smile.gif
more fun if it were mine!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2425335472
bruce
Ferg
wub.gif
wow that one was built right. someday when a nice used one comes on the block perhaps. Ferg.
rallyman
That is a pretty car! I didn't have the patience to let all the pics load....does it ever show a pic of the engine? I'd like to see what that looks like! Also it says it's a 2276 - I wonder if it's a type 4? Should I go back and wait forever for all the pics to load and see the answers???
redshift
It's a T-IV with a 911 style shroud in red.

It's ok, but don't ya want a black one?

smile.gif

M
Lawrence
Beautiful to look at... I've lusted after these for years.

Anyone ever driven one? What's it ride like?
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
The data plate showed the car is built in Orange Ca. That's where Fat Performance is located and it's a good bet they did the type IV engine. They make a 911 type shroud like the one in the pictures. I just installed on of their engines in my 73 914. (2.2 liter with 44 webers.) Haven't had it on the street yet. I'll be in the Peoples Republic of China for a few days but should have it running when I get back. That is one of the best replicas I have seen. smilie_pokal.gif
Cheers, Elliot
Qarl
I want one...

Anyone care to guess the reserve on this baby?
Ferg
I'm betting low 30's on that one...

Beck they guy who is doing spyder 550's as well should have this out soon

http://www.kitcar.com/articles-kitcar/beck...rsche904-1b.jpg

I'm saving my lunch money
wub.gif
tat2dphreak
holy crap! I think I just spoil my pants! anyone got a cigarette?!

smoke.gif

ahh! was it as good for you? like I care! laugh.gif
grantsfo
Here's my favorite repro/retro Spyder - 993 engine stuffed in to the frame!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Ferg
Yikes, I don't think I have enough self disipline to keep off the gas if I had that one. I would be in jail or in a ditch in a week tops sad.gif , Ahh but what a fun week smile.gif
Qarl
Anyone know how to clean DNA off the underside of an office desk?
Mike D.
Great Car! I got to drive one a couple of years ago. It belonged to a friend of a friend. He paid $18K for it, I thought that was too much. It had a big T1 and finding first gear was bit squirrelly. It was fast and looks you get real fun.

I think the car on e-bay is also a big T1. look and the exaust and how close together the intake ports are.

-Mike D.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 31 2003, 02:13 PM)

i don't know but "shout" won't get the stain out of these pants!
fuch toy
It's a type one and it looks as if the parts are CB performance based....2276 cc.
tryan
very good mold work. nice looking car, but ralph nader would frown on the swing axle.

how in the hell do they keep the motor from overheating? the cooling air for the motor can come straight off the ground.

the clutch set up looks pretty sano and the shifter linkage looks a tad weak.
tod914

Not sure, might want to inquire with Bill Clinton's cleaning service
Joe Bob
I just ordered the same windscreen that's on that car for the 356.....don't think it will look the same though..... blink.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tryan @ Jul 31 2003, 02:39 PM)
how in the hell do they keep the motor from overheating?

You’re right!

No air seal for the fan intake. Bet he’s gone through a couple of engines, this might be the reason for selling.
Qarl
Ehh... I bid on it. Just $100 more... hee hee!

Reserver is at least $30K... I wouldn't go that high though... Go to the website for Vintage Spyders and the options alone total to over $30k
Curvie Roadlover
HOLY MOLY! wub.gif Good luck Karl!
Qarl
Nope... that was my one and only bid. At least I can say I bid on it...

Just like the 916 for sale earlier this year... I made an offer, BUT... I don't own it.

Karl
Chris H.
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 31 2003, 10:58 AM)
Yikes, I don't think I have enough self disipline to keep off the gas if I had that one. I would be in jail or in a ditch in a week tops sad.gif , Ahh but what a fun week smile.gif

Speaking of Yikes and E-bay, looks like Rich Brennick is selling his V-8 914. Never seen it in person but it looks like a very nice conversion.

Yikes!
shoguneagle
I think the 550 is my favorite Porsche. I come from that era of open cars. I lust! I lust! I lust! Oh! How I LUST!!

Karl, I saw your bid up there. Good Luck!!

Incidently, does anyone know who makes the different kit cars (sorry, Replica Car) of the 550 Spyder. I know Beck's son has production over the 550 while he is developing another v-8 replica (I believe a Cheetah; old limited production racer).

I am interested in finding out the different manufacturers of the 550 and determine the quality. Would be nice to put 914-6 stuff in one of them.,

Anyway, back to reality.

Steve Hurt
shoguneagle
redshift
I can't recall the name of the man, but there is a guy in GB making a few duplicates in aluminum that are exact, and I just saw a listing for a 550 motor for $73k.

I think the car was $70k (add motor and gear).... been a few months.

M
tod914
I just seen my first 550 in person this past weekend.
A shop where my friend had has engine rebuilt, the owner has 1. Car is disassembled, with a fresh 4 cam motor siting on the bench. wow what a car.

How do the beck replicas compare to the one posted?
Lawrence
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 1 2003, 08:08 AM)
How do the beck replicas compare to the one posted?

Some 550 links I've collected.

Spyder Club

Chuck Beck Motorsports

Thunder Ranch's 550 Replica Thunder Ranch does the 550 chassis that can accomodate a /6.

Chamonix 550 (For Jeroen)
Joe Ricard
Well the reserve wasn't met. did it sell anyway?
need4speed
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jul 31 2003, 08:54 PM)
I think the 550 is my favorite Porsche. I come from that era of open cars.

ME TOO! But I don't come from that era. . .

Now I'm thinkin; when I get my 914, I'm gonna cut the rear body, and weld the trunk shut, and mount the whole thing on a hinge so it flips up just like that! smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.