Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Classic Mustang Forum like this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FriarJohn
Well, I've stashed my two 914s behind the (new) garage and tarped them all up for the time being. Honestly, I may never get to them. I'm not quitting 914s but I might just buy one in very good condition in a few years and junk my two current rust buckets. sawzall-smiley.gif

I'm going to focus on my '65 Mustang for a while. I've got some resources locally for information on these cars but I was hoping to find an online community like this. I was lucky to find a great site for my motorcycle, so I'm going for the trifeca with a cool Mustang forum. I don't want a forum with a bunch of vintage-only snobs finger.gif. I'd rather fall in with hot rodders and/or the resto-custom or g-machine types. People who still think their cars are for driving driving.gif , not museum pieces. screwy.gif

user posted image
mightyohm
There is only one 914club.
McMark
I don't know, but I'm curious if you find one. Here's the one in the shop now. wink.gif
SpecialK
A FRIGGIN' '65 FASTBACK!!!! huh.gif THOSE ARE THEEEEE ABSOLUTE SH*T!!

(I'll trade you 3 (fixer uppers) 914's for it. cool_shades.gif ...no really! biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
SLITS
If it were a GT 350 (real GT 350) I would consider trading my 914, but for anything less.......not a chance. cool_shades.gif
markb
I might give up my 914 if it was a 66 GT350H fastback or convertable, but only that.
Hawktel
My mustang friend isn't on right now, but I'll ask him when i see him.

The Stang though are a different breed, Much like the 911 they have been around so long there is no commonality between a 65 and a 05, so its harder to have a common board.
Sparky
If I recall correctly Mustangs Unlimited had a decent forum for awhile. I pretty much just keep in touch with the New England Regional Shelby America Club guys and do my own thing.

My best,
Mike D.
tdgray
Try Stangnet... not sure how the people are but you could try.
FriarJohn
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Sep 1 2005, 07:45 PM)
(I'll trade you 3 (fixer uppers) 914's for it.  :shades: ...no really!  :D  :beer2:

Um, thanks, but no thanks. I've already got two. Although I do have enough room behind the garage... idea.gif
FriarJohn
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Sep 2 2005, 07:44 AM)
My mustang friend isn't on right now, but I'll ask him when i see him.

The Stang though are a different breed, Much like the 911 they have been around so long there is no commonality between a 65 and a 05, so its harder to have a common board.

I've found the same thing with the magazines. I've been subscribing for a while now to Mustang Monthly and Mustangs and Fords, because they both have quite a bit of useful information about the classics. That why I focused my request for forum recommendations to the classics.

Thanks.
FriarJohn
QUOTE (markb @ Sep 1 2005, 08:16 PM)
I might give up my 914 if it was a 66 GT350H fastback or convertable, but only that.

Actually if it was a GT350 or if it had some other ultra-rare option (like the 289 hipo motor) I'd restore it and sell it probably. As it is I don't feel guilty about going the resto-mod route with it. And it's already worth more than I paid for it. rocking nana.gif
black73
Vintage Mustang Forum has a mix of concours snobs and restomodders. But it is very PG rated with delete happy moderators. Still lots of good info.

My '66
bondo
Nice fastback! I was never able to find a good forum when I was restoring my fastback, at the time the best resource was usenet. If you check a usenet archive you'll probably find some of my posts. smile.gif

You could always find a nook of 914club and start a mustang forum there (like the sandbox). biggrin.gif
bondo
While I'm at it.. Here's a pic of my 67 fastback, just after a little "mishap". huh.gif

Maltese Falcon
Ford made about 6 million of the Mustangs, 1964.5 thru 1973 ( ?), and it's amazing how they have had such a loyal following. Hey , they are still making them ...long after the Camaro production ended. We mfg. approx 100 sets of mustang headers per month...so we know this market is very well alive w00t.gif Marty
black73
QUOTE (bondo @ Sep 2 2005, 11:11 PM)
While I'm at it.. Here's a pic of my 67 fastback, just after a little "mishap". huh.gif

What caused that? ohmy.gif
MecGen
Hey

With all my adventures in this trade, all my internet research, I have found that in the "less expensive" car forums, like here, is the ones with flavor and personality.
smilie_pokal.gif
A while back I did some work on a 64 Stang and looked at a few groups.... icon8.gif

The people in the better forums seem to be used to defending their choice of cars, they stick together and with the power of the masses actually make a better car.
Sssshhhh our little secret ph34r.gif

Your Mustang is a collector/keeper. You scored man ! With the huge interest in Classics cars they market has allowed for people to pay to have a car, they no longer needed to be biult by the owner.

These are two types of forums...

Hope you find something good aktion035.gif My Montess forum is good, but not like here.

Later

beerchug.gif
FriarJohn
QUOTE (bondo @ Sep 2 2005, 09:11 PM)
While I'm at it.. Here's a pic of my 67 fastback, just after a little "mishap".   huh.gif

Damn, dude, that sucks. ohmy.gif
FriarJohn
QUOTE (MecGen @ Sep 3 2005, 04:58 AM)
These are two types of forums...

Yeah, it seems to me that there are forums for mainstream cars, your mustangs, camaros, WRXs, 911s, corvettes, etc. Then there are forums for the oddities and underdogs, this forum, bonnevilleamerica.com, etc.

With the former, there is either a larger diversity of members, so it's more like high school, all cliquish and stuff, or in the case of the high-end cars, it's more full of asshats. But it takes commitment and fortitude to own an underdog. You're constantly under attack from those other guys and that helps unite the underdogs. Just witness what happens when some 911 jackass comes in here trying to start shit. He gets pounded.

My opinion has been validated by the V8 hybrid forums. The asshats with their 911s and 944s are divisive, always with the arrogance and prickishness, and the 914 folks don't seem to bother as much with it (the exception seems to be talking about the new WRX conversions).

So I don't really hold out hope of finding an exact equivalent mustang forum like 914world.com or BA.com, but I thought I'd try asking here first. I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions. pray.gif beerchug.gif
FriarJohn
QUOTE (black73 @ Sep 2 2005, 09:02 PM)
Vintage Mustang Forum has a mix of concours snobs and restomodders. But it is very PG rated with delete happy moderators. Still lots of good info.

My '66

Nice car! I'm thinking about doing a darkish silver and white 2 tone.

I'll check out that forum. Sounds like another Triumph forum I read, but don't participate much it - they're very delete-happy and ban-happy. The banned guys have already found a new home (hmmmm, what other forum does that sound like...?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.