Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Fever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BenNC
So I got home last night about a quarter after 8 from a nasty day at work. mad.gif

Saw the little orange car in the driveway and thought "hey why not?" smile.gif

Fired her up and it was pretty much Instagrin by the time I got to the main road.

After 45 minutes of therapeutic meandering I felt like a new man.

Might have to do it again tonight.
serge914
I know what you mean

Some of my friends have to go to the gym, spend a fortune on vitamins and eat all kind of healthy foods to get younger.

All I have to do is drive the teener for 15 minutes and I get 10 years younger ( at least )
airsix
My wife can tell which car I drove just by the mood I'm in when I get home from work. It's a lot easier to drag my behind to work each morning when I'll be driving the 914, and driving it home helps me get unwound and relaxed as well. I'm not kidding - driving the 914 home from work improves my family life because by the time I get home I'm not a snarling irritable mess like I was when I left the office.
-Ben M.
Jeroen
Man, I envy you...
Haven't had a good ride in almost 2 months now (the 911 is still 'dead' - it'll be trailered to my mechanic tomorrow)
And God knows I could have used some of those rides this past month

Had a shitload of work (18hr days at the office, 6 days a week) and two people tried to sue me finger.gif (they didn't succeed)

Hope to have a decent ride again soon... I seriously need to unwind! headbang.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Part Pricer
I know that feeling all too well. I was having a tough day yesterday. So, I got in the 914 and went for a drive. About four hours later, my cell phone rang. My wife wanted to know where I was. I looked around, I was in Vermont. The car is too much fun. MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif
Joe Ricard
Gosh it just so happens I fired up the 928 last night. Had to jump it with the K car. But just the rumble of that V-8 thru the Borla put an instant grin on. I drove around the nieghborhood set off a couple car alarms and then regretably put back in the garage. agree.gif

Definately therapuetic. So what do people do that don't have Porsches?? Guess that explains all the Asshole SUV drivers. laugh.gif
need4speed
My wife says my Ghia makes me schizophrenic.

Day before yesterday, it was running GREAT. Yesterday, for no reason I'm able to discern, it decided it didn't want to idle, at all.

If I'm going to put up with mood swings, I at least want to be able to go fast. . .

Who wants to trade? headbang.gif
mskala
I agree that getting a good drive is good therapy. I drive my
914-6 all the time now that the weather is good and I'm
relatively confident in the car mechanically.

But I live in a small town, where to go anywhere it feels like
taxiing a plane slowly on the runway for miles headbang.gif
before you get on any fast or curved roads.
BenNC
I wish that I had a GPS with me when I drive home from work. In the truck it would basically be a straight line. In the car it would look something like that kid from the "Family Circus" comic strip.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(need4speed @ Aug 1 2003, 10:06 AM)

Who wants to trade? headbang.gif

my mom wants a ghia vert. what year and how much money (sheer curiosity- feeling the market)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.