Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: funny ignition problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
icon14.gif I had a funny thing happen yesterday. I was accelerating on the interstate, full throttle, when I get to 5500 rpm and shift into 5th I get a miss. Not knowing what is going on, I slow down some and limp back to work at about 60-70 mph on 3 cylinders, it is only about 20 or so miles ohmy.gif . When I have to slow down for a red light, I am wondering how I will keep the idle up with the miss. I expect the engine to die at the light mad.gif . It doesn't. In fact, the idle is a rock steady 1000 rpm. icon14.gif icon14.gif . I get to work and reconnect the plug wire that dropped off and have full power again. The idle is back to what it was before, 1000 rpm with a random surge to 1100 and drop to 800. WTF?????

The question, any reason why I would idle rock steady on 3 cylinders and vary on 4??

maybe if I disconnect 2 plug wires.....the mind boggles.....thanks, herb
-P-
Mine did the same thing, but instead of a plug wire coming off, one of the magnetic pickups for the electronic ignition was deformed and not sending a signal, so in essence it was running on 3 cylinders. Weird huh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.