Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: while at costco today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
pushing out the cart, i come up to my car and this guy sees me and asks "this your 914?". intro, and first ? is " how did you get the 205s inside the body without trimming or rolling the wells?. had the wheel chat.

new owner from bandon, or. his 72' was bought new by his grandfather who died quite sometime ago. his grandmother relented and sold him the car. she has been storing it for 17 years or such. told him about the site and asked him to drop in. he was unaware of the bird too. hopefully he will sign up and post. i think his car is going to be pretty original.

k
Allan
Sure he wasn't looking for a spare key?
tdgray
Sure... guy with a " hand in your wheel well"... is that some kinda code for something gay. biggrin.gif

Best we ask Aaron ( come on I haven't done that in a long time dry.gif )
Tobra
So how did you get the 205's on there without trimming or rolling the fenders?(Sorry if that is a stupid question)
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (tdgray @ Sep 2 2005, 05:05 PM)
Sure... guy with a " hand in your wheel well"... is that some kinda code for something gay. biggrin.gif

Best we ask Aaron ( come on I haven't done that in a long time dry.gif )

rolleyes.gif flipa.gif
Hammy
QUOTE (tdgray @ Sep 2 2005, 05:05 PM)
Sure... guy with a " hand in your wheel well"... is that some kinda code for something gay.  :D

haha must be..Was he cute ?biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Tobra @ Sep 2 2005, 05:46 PM)
So how did you get the 205's on there without trimming or rolling the fenders?(Sorry if that is a stupid question)

Walll, instead of using lard, which makes things bigger....he used shortin' which makes things smaller.

You'll have to consult with MattR about shortin'....he uses a lot when he's around A-aron to tighten things up.

Revenge is mine sayeth Slits

Oh BTW, I run 206/65s on Fuchs rims with no flare or rolled lips.
Mueller

use the "correct" offset wheels...with your Fuchs, you should be able to fit 'em

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 2 2005, 08:19 PM)

use the "correct" offset wheels...with your Fuchs, you should be able to fit 'em

205's on a 6" fuch, no prob
205's on a 7" cookie/fuck, no chance
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 2 2005, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 2 2005, 08:19 PM)

205's on a 6" fuch, no prob
205's on a 7" cookie/fuck, no chance

or go with an aftermarket rim like mine smile.gif

205/40/17 on 7's...no problem at all biggrin.gif

MattR
QUOTE (SLITS @ Sep 2 2005, 07:09 PM)
You'll have to consult with MattR about shortin'....he uses a lot when he's around A-aron to tighten things up.

i like 'em tight sheeplove.gif
rhodyguy
the guy couldn't have been looking to steal. he asked too many questions. seems like some of you guys have your own secret code for "wheel well", "shortening", and what not. with 205s i can get 4 fingers flat in between the lip and the rubber, up to my knuckles. SAY WHAT !!?... what's that the code for? ohmy.gif

k
Leo Imperial
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2005, 10:04 PM)
the guy couldn't have been looking to steal. he asked too many questions. seems like some of you guys have your own secret code for "wheel well", "shortening", and what not. with 205s i can get 4 fingers flat in between the lip and the rubber, up to my knuckles. SAY WHAT !!?... what's that the code for? ohmy.gif

k

A good time girl! aktion035.gif
Tobra
QUOTE (Leo Imperial @ Sep 3 2005, 03:21 AM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2005, 10:04 PM)

k

A good time girl! aktion035.gif

That sort of reminds me of a Frankie Goes to Hollywood song
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.