Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mocal oil coolers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
My next job is to add some extra oil cooling.
I have been looking at Mocal oil coolers.
For a basically stock 2.0L for TT/AX duty what sizes are being used suggested?
I am looking at a 12" 13 row cooler with 10AN fittings.
using their kool kit with thermostat sandwich adaptor.
Shouldn't this be adequate?
Have not decided on mounting yet.
Looking at several options.
Usual front mount.
Or...remove battery and place in rear trunk. Place oil cooler in horizontally in battery area with fan below to draw cool air from GT engine lid. ducting to draw air from out side engine compartment. blink.gif

Any other suggestions?
Also seen one placed on the fire wall down low with air space mounting... with ducting drawing air from under the car and forcing it thru the cooler. idea.gif
BMartin914
Just finished my external cooler install about 10 minutes ago. smilie_pokal.gif

I'm using an Earl's 16 row cooler with -10 fittings and an external thermostat in the front trunk. I have no doubt that it will be plenty adequate for my 2.0 /4.

My suggestion for placement: go up front. I had all but decided to mount the cooler anywhere but up front for a temporary - at best - install but decided while I was going to do the work, I might as well do it right and went up front. Installed in the big bumper of a '75 made it easier than most. Just made sense. To me anyway. Took just under a month working only nights and weekends in my spare time. That was with a new oil pump and freshening the stock cooler seals and a new main seal as well.
guywan914
BMARTIN914, how 'bout some pics of the 75 bumper with cooler smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
im finsihing up my front install today. setrab oil cooler withmocal sandhich thermo plate
user posted image
Joe Bob
Call BAT Inc. they are on the web. They do most of the oil fittings for Pegasus and Summit Racing. They are bigger than Earl's....they will recommend the best cooler for your set up. They also carry the fans that FIT the cooler you buy and recommend fittings and lines based on your engine configuration, hp and use.
Dominic
Here is an old thread with some pics of my oil cooler install, i stuffed one forward of the right reat tire up in the forward wheel well, it actually worked well and served its purpose but it would not be effective without a fan moving air.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...7&hl=oil+cooler
joea9146
Fluidyne

Click_Here
xitspd
I used a B&B(Billy Boat) 930 cooler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.