Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question! Weltmeister HD shiter spring kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NEU
Hello gang!
I'm new to the 914 and to this forum, I've got an all original 1970 1.7 147k, just added 8 spoke Empi clones on Yokohama ES100 and front soiler. I'm trying to replace all the worn plastic and rubber like the engine and tranny mounts I went with soild or hard poly mounts. It has the dreaded tail shifter that I'm rehabbing this weekend. I'll be adding new bushings (one let go last week I only had 1st 3rd and 5th), a Mid America short shift (only cause 4th gear was almost out of reach), and the Weltmeister shift springs, I got the spring kit and can't figure out if you need to retain the old springs and add the new springs in addition so that there is 2 sets of springs... The insturctions aren't very clear if you need to remove the old ones.

Any other advice on an easy way of intalling the springs or shifter, or any other suggested mods that I should do would be great too...

Thanx,
Neu
rhodyguy
just put the the new springs in place of the old ones. look over the shifter base carefully. here is a pin (pictured), that was a time bomb. get new bushings that cradle the spring that sits against the ball on the shift lever.

k
NEU
The reason I asked if you add them in addition to the old springs, they want you to drill new holes, they even give you the drill bit. The new holes are closer together, inside the old spring holes. Any Ideas?
Neu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.