Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pilot bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
I've been going over the flywheel that's going into Babydoll, cleaning it up (with the newest shim the end play is .005), and the more I look at the pilot bearing, the less I like it. A couple of the rollers have serious rust on them. sad.gif I'm thinking that it would be cheap insurance to replace the pilot bearing, because I don't want to be pulling this back apart 6 months after I put it together. Is this something that I can do myself, or will I have to have somebody with a press do it for me?
Cap'n Krusty
Use a deep socket or drift about the same OD as the pilot bearing (111 905 313A), and drive it out. Install the new one the same way, driving it in far enough that the felt washer will sit flush with the surface of the center of the flywheel. The lock plate shouldn't compress the felt much. You can then install the flywheel. The Cap'n
brp914
do it, absolutely. If that cheap little p.o.s. goes, it will ruin your tranny input shaft. btdt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.