Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh yeh got BAR?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
So I put in drop links
Friday on my 19mm Wesminster (spelling) front bar.

Feels more stuck, I'll have to find room to push her aktion035.gif

driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
sounds like someone was bitten by the AX bug wink.gif

smilie_pokal.gif burnout.gif driving.gif smilie_flagge24.gif w00t.gif
qa1142
I put the bar in last winter when I had gas tank out and rebuilt the front end.

I kept dragging my feet - I wanted those cool ass (can I say that? flipa.gif ) adjustable drop links.

I dropped the ~$120 in May, just been busy with other stuff.

So now they are in, zeroed out the bar, no preload - need to find corners with no Cops. happy11.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
Brando
Adjusted how far up and down is "zero" pre-load? I think I may have pre-loaded mine to far. The ends of the bar do sit vertical in the wheel well on the ground, but my ride height at the front is like 5" on both sides (rockers to ground).
airsix
"No preload" doesn't have anything to do with the angle or length of the links. I just means that when one side is hooked up you can walk over to the other side and connect/disconnect the other link without having to jack things around in order to get the holes to line up. If you have to jack up one side of the car to get the pressure off the links so you can get the bolt through, then it's preloaded - in other words just sitting there the bar should not have any twisting force on it.

-Ben M.
Brando
Thank you for explaining that airsix... I fangled around with the front end some today -- I don't have either side pre-loaded. With the droplinks disconnected on both side I can move the wheels and the bar and hook them back up without jacking either wheel up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.