Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will a 3.2 fit in my Durango for my conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
Actual for my 914 conversion. I need to pick up a 3.2 engine complete with Motronic. I have about 32 inches through the threshold of the durango with more once it gets in.
Will it make the squeeze inside or will I have to take pieces off.
It also comes complete with exhaust. It looks pretty tall.
I also posted this on the bird board to see if they can help.
Aaron Cox
915 coming along for a ride too?
736conver
Will see what he wants for it. Shelling out for the 3.2 is going to be hard enough.
SLITS
Call the seller and ask him to measure height and width of engine.....you'll know for sure............
736conver
I cant he wont be back until Tues. It's a 2.5 hour ride for me and I will leaving the night before to visit some family. So I need to know if I have to bring the trailer. Which I really dont want to do.
seanery
I fit a 2.2 - 6 in my Range Rover, but it may be wider than a 1st gen Durango. I have no doubts that I could fit a fully dressed -6 in my '04 Durango.
736conver
I'm not worried about width. That should be no problem, I have about 46 inches in the Durango. I am worried about height and the overhead door.
seanery
should be fine.
seanery
take the exhaust off if too tall.
xitspd
ohmy.gif Uhaul rents small, inexpensive trailers! Keep your SUV clean.... A auto detailing is much more expensive than a rental........
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 4 2005, 12:34 PM)
ohmy.gif Uhaul rents small, inexpensive trailers! Keep your SUV clean.... A auto detailing is much more expensive than a rental........

smilie_pokal.gif ive seen them. look like a lunch box on wheels. good idea. dirt cheap too.... 5 x 5 x 5 ish
Aaron Cox
4 x 6 uhaul trailer
user posted image
Howard
Well, I put a 2.7, 901, and 911 front susp in my Hyundai Santa Fe, so bet you can do it. But el stinko on the trans fluid so agree trailer is a good idea. These are on sale for $199 at Harbor Freight trailer
echocanyons
I fit a 3.0l in the rear of my expedition with plenty of room.

jim912928
Brian..I'm also thinking about keeping the 915 i'm getting with my donor car and putting a wevo on it. I'm out of town most of next week but the week after we should try to get together to go over how we are going to do these 3.2l conversions. Maybe we could get a local place to do the necessary mods on the 915's for us?

Jim

p.s. sent you an email with a pic of my project car. Anybody want a cabriolet roller?
boxstr
Take the trailer.
CCLINUHAUL
GeorgeRud
I had Sol Snyderman @ Perfect Power in Libertyville, IL redo my 915 transmission with a Vellios kit, and it shifts wonderfully. I'm sure he could do a great job on the WEVO as well.
Steve
3.2 in a 914 is awesome and an easy conversion.
I also agree on the trailer.
The motor is pretty heavy and getting it in and out of the SUV could be a major hassle.
Its heavier than the earlier magnesium motors.
Mueller
couldn't you just measure the 914 engine compartment??? wacko.gif

i figure if it's a known fact the 3.2 fits into a 914, you have your envolope right in front of you smile.gif

736conver
Ah that would be easy to measure my 914 engine compartment if my car was here!!
My car is down at the body shop. And they are closed all weekend including Mon.
736conver
Brian..I'm also thinking about keeping the 915 i'm getting with my donor car and putting a wevo on it. I'm out of town most of next week but the week after we should try to get together to go over how we are going to do these 3.2l conversions. Maybe we could get a local place to do the necessary mods on the 915's for us?

Jim

That sounds like a good idea. Well see if I pick up the 915. I'm not sure how much he wants.

I know there are a couple of places within the area that deal with Porsche's, we can contact them about the 915. Also I know Brad Mayeur (sp?) can do the work too.
BigD9146gt
QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 4 2005, 11:34 AM)

dude!!! i can put one in the back of a mark II GTI!!!! SUV's are for haul'n crap. If one could not fit a 3.2 (or any other 911 engine for that matter) into the back of an SUV, they need to be taken outback to the feild and beaten with an SC cam!
beer.gif Cheers!!! Welcome to the 911 engine world of reliabilty and happiness.
736conver
Cheers!!! Welcome to the 911 engine world of reliabilty and happiness.
Already been to the 911 engine world. Just upgrading to the 3.2 from a 2.2. I am going to try and pick it up in the Durango. Sounds like I have more then enough room. I'll report back tomorrow.
Andyrew
I finally understand..... lol

I thought you where going to put the 3.2 in your durango... and your durango was going to be your conversion car....

lol

Im a dork...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.