Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Rear Fender Flare Option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Katmanken
Ok Boys, time for a new 914 fender flare option.

Here is my VW Vanagon with a damaged right rear wheel arch and the patch panel that needs to be welded in.

No, this is not my damage. The wifey was maneuvering around some pumps at a gas station and hit a large metal post near the pumps. It took out the side of the van from the center of the sliding door to the back of the wheel arch. sad.gif

Of course she only does these things in late October or November so I have to do a quick crap job on the repair while it is warm enough for the paint to stick. wacko.gif

Ken
Katmanken
Here are some grooves stamped in the patch panel. They need to be removed for a 914 flare. Note the generous sheet metal margins around the arch. Wonder how much of a flare could be made with that material….
SLITS
Damn, it looks like they use salt on the roads there!

Are you sure she wasn't road-racing one of the NASCAR boys and jockeying for position? biggrin.gif
Katmanken
Here is the panel taped on the 914. Looks like a lotta potential for flare….. idea.gif

No, I’m not gonna arch my 914 with these as the panel is needed on the van, but one of you enterprising souls has a new fender flare option. Thought I would relay the info before the panel gets welded on the Vanagon.
dry.gif

Sorry about the Andy Focus....
Katmanken
The upper part of the wheel arch is identical but the bottom of the arch is angled slightly from the teener at the front and rear. Don’t think anybody would notice though. See lines.

Whadda you hard core racers think? Close enough?

Got a little extra on the bottom too, but that can be easily taken care of.

At around $70 a side, pretty CHEEP you CSOB's biggrin.gif

Ken
Katmanken
Yep,

They use salt galore on the roads. The parking lot at my former place of employment is covered with about half an inch of salt evry time it snows.

Bet there is more rust under the quicky paint and bondo job. About 3 years of salt.

The good news is ya oughta see the teener....

No rusty rust..... beerchug.gif

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.