Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Barrel Carb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
macpro
Gas gets to the carb and not getting fuel to the cylinders?

Anyone have experience with this monster?
jr91472
hey Macpro, are you Brian?
Joe Bob
Prolly TOO lean. Try dumping some quick start down the hole while cranking the motor. If no start then you have ignition or spark issues.

BTW....even if it DOES run, don't expect too much from that carb.
JWest
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 5 2005, 03:48 PM)
Prolly TOO lean. Try dumping some quick start down the hole while cranking the motor. If no start then you have ignition or spark issues.

BTW....even if it DOES run, don't expect too much from that carb.

agree.gif

Beyond that, how long has it been sitting? Might need to take it apart and clean the jets/passages. It's the same carb as a Holley 5200 and a Weber DFAV, DFEV, and a bunch of other similar weber names. Pretty simple inside.
macpro
Thank for the heads up! Tried the starting fuild and zip!
sorry, not Brian. I'm Greg Fox. Who is he? Is he in Ft. Worth?

Yea, it was under the tree for about 6 years so it really could use a rebuild. I think I'll take the cab to Auto Zone and have them match it to a kit.

Really enjoyed the MUSR 7 and meeting all the folk that attended this year. Looking forward to the next one...I'll have mine ready. Have we heard of were it is to be held next time?

Greg
JWest
QUOTE (macpro @ Sep 5 2005, 10:11 PM)
Tried the starting fuild and zip!

Have we heard of were it is to be held next time?

Greg

Did you check spark yet?

I should have some books on the carb - I'd have to dig them out - lemme know if you need them.

The MUSR location is usually decided by Charlie in late spring/early summer.

You want my house?
macpro
Thans Jamesw!

Got spark and check coil and condenser...all OK.

Maybe timing... PO put 009 dizzy in and I not certain that he did it correctly.

My wife and I went on line and looked at the picture of the house. I'll let you know when she would like to come look, OK?

Thanks for the offer to look the carb up but I just visit the Auto parts place and they will have to deal with it.

I feel that we are close (I'm an Optimist) to getting "Whitey" running but needs that one thing that will light that smile up.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
jr91472
QUOTE (macpro @ Sep 5 2005, 07:11 PM)

sorry, not Brian. I'm Greg Fox. Who is he? Is he in Ft. Worth?

oh hey Greg. I was just trying to match up member names to real names. Brian had the only white car at MUSR 7. I think maybe he is from from Bedford?

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.